Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after swapping in a g23 vtec and breaking it. I rebuilt my h22a1 all stock w/ balance shaft removal,arp headstuds king rod and main bearings,oem rings,. I was thinking of boosting it but, I decided against it because it's going to stay my dd.and I dont want anymore probs. heres some pics of the motor.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Looks real good.
Cmon man, take advantage of those iron sleeves there.lol

Boost FTMFW!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks real good.
Cmon man, take advantage of those iron sleeves there.lol

Boost FTMFW!!!
Thanks ! I should have cleaned the bay a bit more. I would boost but
i gave the f23a1 along with my old head to my brother to build his own. he's doing it with h22a pistons though.keep an eye out for yet ANOTHER G23 vtec build.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Thanks ! I should have cleaned the bay a bit more. I would boost but
i gave the f23a1 along with my old head to my brother to build his own. he's doing it with h22a pistons though.keep an eye out for yet ANOTHER G23 vtec build.

So correct me if Im wrong but H22 pistons will raise the compression ratio in an F23a1?

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
So correct me if Im wrong but H22 pistons will raise the compression ratio in an F23a1?
yea if hes goin for boost then he needs to keep it at a low compression. :Oo:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
im glad 2c you got her running again.
ya she runs, it took me a while to get the t-belt to run right with the man tensioner setup. I cant wait to hammer on it!:Rock: no boost for this motor it's an h22a1. yes h22 slugs in the f23a1 block will raise compression but , on a good tune you CAN boost.

I couldn't send you parts today cause of MLKJR Day. they are on they're way tomorrow. try to send me pics of those pistons.
edit: check out the idea for the 5.0 I just picked up. http://www.drift50.com/ watch some of the vids and check out the setup list.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya she runs, it took me a while to get the t-belt to run right with the man tensioner setup. I cant wait to hammer on it!:Rock: no boost for this motor it's an h22a1. yes h22 slugs in the f23a1 block will raise compression but , on a good tune you CAN boost.

I couldn't send you parts today cause of MLKJR Day. they are on they're way tomorrow. try to send me pics of those pistons.
edit: check out the idea for the 5.0 I just picked up. http://www.drift50.com/ watch some of the vids and check out the setup list.

PM'ed
:)smokin:i wish...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts