Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see, when I first am about to back out of my carport, when i begin to back out it feels like something Clunks... Like the car wasnt in the reverse gear even though it is, but it goes away after the initial clunk... what could this be?

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Pr3ludeSi said:
Lets see, when I first am about to back out of my carport, when i begin to back out it feels like something Clunks... Like the car wasnt in the reverse gear even though it is, but it goes away after the initial clunk... what could this be?
I dunno, could be alot of things, but when this happened to me it was one of many symptoms of a disintegrating clutch. Do you ever have trouble getting your car into a forward gear and/or has it ever stalled out when the clutch is in?

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Pr3ludeSi said:
Uhh never stalled out while clutch is in...
But have you had problems getting it into gear? If so, just go to the Honda place and have a tech. drive it, if you happen to have a really good dealership where the techs aren't idiots and they won't charge you for a drive. Or just have any reputable mech. drive it and have them tell u wut they think. The stalling out w/ clutch in is only when it gets really bad, you don't want it to get that far, that's when springs and pieces of disc are jamming in the pressure plate, preventing it from disengaging and stalling the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts