Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past month I've had this problem were before I get to operating temp ill brake and besides dropping down to idle the car will just cut off. When its at operating temp and Ill brake it drops to 500rpm then bounces up to idle. It also does the same when I rev it up.

My brake booster was leaking so I figured that was the problem.
I changed it, but the car still cuts off.

I dont have a vacuum leak and i adjusted the idle screw (turned it away from the firewall).

It now idle's at 900rpm, the car seems a lil quicker but when I'm in a 4500+rpm I can hear a whistle.

and It will still cut off when I brake.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
mine whistled a little. it was the top hole in the TB. check the fitv if u haven't. idk man ive had this crazy idle issue that a mechanic and everyone on here and h-t cant figure out. guess im going to have to live with it, or accidently fix it some day.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
try replacing your o2 sensors lol i know i tell everybody that but it seemed to work for jeremy.

·
Registered
173 Posts
mine whistled a little. it was the top hole in the TB. check the fitv if u haven't. idk man ive had this crazy idle issue that a mechanic and everyone on here and h-t cant figure out. guess im going to have to live with it, or accidently fix it some day.

Whats with the terrible spelling and all the abbreviation? I know I can't spell very good but that's what spell check is for.

TB?
fitv?
h-t?
what is that?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Whats with the terrible spelling and all the abbreviation? I know I can't spell very good but that's what spell check is for.

TB?
fitv?
h-t?
what is that?
Throttle body
fast idle control valve
honda tech

Come on man lol.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whistle shouldn't be a big problem, should it?

When I was still working I checked the o2 sensors and they were okay.
I've had this problem since I got the car, but it now occurs frequently.
It might just be as easy as cleaning the TB.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts

coolant temp sensor?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

Well mine whistles because of the aftermarket intake.

First of you didnt adjust the idle right, you cant just turn it man. You have to have the car running, unplug the idle air control vale(the car may die), turn the screw, turn the key off, unplug the clock/radio fuse under the hood for 10 mins to reset the ecu, plug everything back up, and start the car.
I know its fucking stupid but that is the way it goes. Also check and see if all of your vac lines are ran right.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well mine whistles because of the aftermarket intake.

First of you didnt adjust the idle right, you cant just turn it man. You have to have the car running, unplug the idle air control vale(the car may die), turn the screw, turn the key off, unplug the clock/radio fuse under the hood for 10 mins to reset the ecu, plug everything back up, and start the car.
I know its fucking stupid but that is the way it goes. Also check and see if all of your vac lines are ran right.
Seriously?
thats different than from my old 3rd gen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts