Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so about a month plus ago i got my custom piping and apexi n1 exhaust put on. everything was fine up until like maybe a week or 2 ago when i started hearing this really weird noise that i can only describe as a REALLY rapid clicking when i step on the gas. anyone have any idea what this can be?

input would be appreciated, thnx in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It sounds like you might have a pinhole size leak somewhere in the piping or in the welds of your exhaust. If the the clicking sound changes with the rpms, then you can pretty much narrow the problem down to a leak. That is if the noise is coming from the exhaust part of the car and not from under the hood. Check your exhaust gaskets also. Hopefully this will help. If it is an exhaust leak the people who made your exhaust "should" warranty their works.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prey_Lude99 said:
It sounds like you might have a pinhole size leak somewhere in the piping or in the welds of your exhaust. If the the clicking sound changes with the rpms, then you can pretty much narrow the problem down to a leak. That is if the noise is coming from the exhaust part of the car and not from under the hood. Check your exhaust gaskets also. Hopefully this will help. If it is an exhaust leak the people who made your exhaust "should" warranty their works.
yes it does change as the rpms change, although at the higher rpms i can't hear it (prolly cuz the exhaust is too loud).

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
get someone else to step on the gas while you listen. Try to hear if it's coming from the engine bay or what, that will help you narrow it down. Sounds like an exhaust leak though, no big deal, just get it welded back.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
a bracket weld busted and is hitting more than likely...when it is coole of jack it up and shaked the brackets to see if one is loose....also check to see if something isnt hitting the piping....just some thoughts

also if it is the stock echaust the muffler could be falling apart b/c it happened to me before and it sounds the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts