Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the 5th gen is 63/37 weight distribution, but whats the distribution for the 4th gen honda prelude?

i cant find any solid reliable sources...

thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
58% front and 42% rear.
At least thats what ive found at the few sites i looked.
Now I dont think that that distribution is gonna be the same with the 3 different motor options, but thats the only number I could find.

·
Registered
173 Posts
lvlrkmart

your tag said your car is
weighing 2720 Lbs, is that the 4th gen? if so how did you drop it by 1070 Lbs?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
^theres a diff between curb weight and the weight your talkin about

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
58% front and 42% rear.
At least thats what ive found at the few sites i looked.
Now I dont think that that distribution is gonna be the same with the 3 different motor options, but thats the only number I could find.

thats the same one i saw on a ebay source.. i wasnt sure how reliable it was though..

lvlrkmart

your tag said your car is weighing 2720 Lbs, is that the 4th gen? if so how did you drop it by 1070 Lbs?
Factory weight spec for the Vtec model is 2850 i believe, so ive dropped 130lbs, plus i recently i dropped a another 6-8lbs with the new steering wheel, but now i lost my cruise control cause of it, so thats another 5lbs

edit: 2950 factory weight for Vtec 4th gen

·
Registered
173 Posts
4th gen Curb Weight is 2921lbs
4th gen gvw Weight is 3790lbs

what is the deference other the 869Lbs?

·
Registered
173 Posts
So i would need to drop something like 450Lbs off the front to get to 50/50?

·
Registered
841 Posts
So i would need to drop something like 450Lbs off the front to get to 50/50?
Yeah, might as well just drop the motor out, that should even out your weight distribution. lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
lol, I know I'm not going to drop that much. I was just working the math on this. I am adding a few lbs to the back. and think it would be nice to get it closer to 50/50 thats all.

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
from caranddriver.com, i read the 1994 honda prelude Vtec weighs 2950.. wow.. i didnt realized i dropped so much weight from my car...

well.. I've already relocated the 38lb battery to the center of the trunk which was barely a 1.3% weight ratio increase and drop
from front/rear

I guess the next question im looking for is.. whats the factory front bumper support weigh? and the factory hood? and a CF hood if anyone knows?

and as far my cars weight goes.. Aftermarket intake/header/Catback. Gutted Trunk. Removed rear seat back brace. no wing. and the car weighed in at 2720.

but now i just got a front and rear strut bar (not sure of weight) but also a 6-8lb lighter steering wheel and soon to removed cruise control. man.. i really need to invest in a 4 corner scale..

·
Registered
173 Posts
the cf hoods I have seen are 16 to 27 Lbs and the stock hood is like 50-60lbs

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I got mine down to 2850 with a half tank of gas. Although, now I don't have a rear spoiler, added the motegi traklites and switched to a euro r manifold(no butterfly valves/vacuum tank). I think it was like a 40 pound difference just in rims, which their an inch bigger as well, so the tires should have dropped some weight as well. I'm thinking I'm below the 2800 mark.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
4th gen Curb Weight is 2921lbs
4th gen gvw Weight is 3790lbs

what is the deference other the 869Lbs?
curb weight is the actual weight of the vehicle.

gvwr weight is the weight of the car with all full fluids including a full gas tank, two average weight adults inside the car (160-165lbs each), and an average amount of luggage weight that takes up roughly half to 2/3 of the trunk (200-300lbs)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I did not know that.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
lvlkmart- I dont know what rims you have but if your looking to drop more weight than lighter rims always helps

·
Registered
109 Posts
curb weight is the actual weight of the vehicle.

gvwr weight is the weight of the car with all full fluids including a full gas tank, two average weight adults inside the car (160-165lbs each), and an average amount of luggage weight that takes up roughly half to 2/3 of the trunk (200-300lbs)
i always wondered what that ment.. thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
if you wanna drop weight in the car you can diet and exercise...

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lvlkmart- I dont know what rims you have but if your looking to drop more weight than lighter rims always helps
yea.. im running stock si rims, im thinking of running some rota boost 16x7, but i mainly want to get the weight distribution down first... so CF hood and jdm bumper support and we'll see from there

if you wanna drop weight in the car you can diet and exercise...
lol.. thats funny.. i actually do weigh 210 now and i weighed 175, but this seems to happen every winter.. cause the cold just makes me not want to do anything..

EDIT:

still looking for oem Front Bumper support weight vs. JDM front bumper support..

also is Carbon Kevlar lighter than Carbon Fiber..? (VIS vs Seibon)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yeah man i went from 190 to about 240 in a year cause i stopped exercising and all that... now im back on diet and exercise so i hope to drop back to about 210

1 - 20 of 22 Posts