Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen writeups on the b20a5 intake cam and b21a1 exhaust cam. Also see a lot of positives about web #13 grind cams. How the the 2 setup compare with each other?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
web cams definitely make more power. i just sold my set before i got the chance to spec them.
but ihave tuned a few cars with them, and they do exactly what they say they do; better midrange and way better top end

the only reason i sold mine was because i needed the money, and i wouldnt be using the cams until later in the year anyway

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
web cams definitely make more power. i just sold my set before i got the chance to spec them.
but ihave tuned a few cars with them, and they do exactly what they say they do; better midrange and way better top end

the only reason i sold mine was because i needed the money, and i wouldnt be using the cams until later in the year anyway
I read your thread when you were selling your cams. Made we want to get a set but I do not want to put a lot of work into my JDM B205 since I am going to do a H22 swap on my other car soon. Looking to get some mild improvements. Sounds like I would be better to go with the B20 intake, B21 exhaust since I do not want to go to the expense a web #13 would require?

·
master bater
1,681 Posts
why waste the time then?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
are the web cams good on stocksetup or arethey for a more built setup
Posted via Mobile
they work great with both actually. but the only way to really get them to perform as designed is to get a tuneable ecu and tune the car after installing them.
you can run these cams with the stock ecu if you make the correct adjustments in fuel octane and ignition settings, but it will never get the performance it would have with a full proper tune. i think thats what hispeed was referring to when he said he wouldnt want to do all the other stuff necessary to get the best performance out of them; he probably doesnt have the funds at the moment to buy the cams and buy an ecu and get the car tuned

·
Registered
286 Posts
actually i sent you a pm earlier moto about a different issue but since im already knee deep in tear down im not opposed to a full rebuild with bettr parts so thats why i was curious.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heres a question. I have a b20 in my car and also have a complete b21 in the garage so the cam swap would be pretty easy. What combination of head/block/cams would yield the best performance?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think thats what hispeed was referring to when he said he wouldnt want to do all the other stuff necessary to get the best performance out of them; he probably doesnt have the funds at the moment to buy the cams and buy an ecu and get the car tuned
exactly! If I am going to take the time and money to do all of the thing necessary for the Web 13, I might as well put it to better use in the H22. If I can drop a couple of cams in the JDM for little cost and time I can have that car up and running as then get the real project going.

I just thought it might be a easy and quick modification since I have the JDM apart anyway. Not the case.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
Heres a question. I have a b20 in my car and also have a complete b21 in the garage so the cam swap would be pretty easy. What combination of head/block/cams would yield the best performance?
b20 block bored to fit b21 pistons, b20 head, b21 exhaust cam, b20 intake cam

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
nice sounds like a good setup except what about the webcams with that setup im interested for my b20a5 lude^
it would be a perfect addition to that setup. but to make it that perfect you would definitely want a tuneable ecu so you can get it tuned.
pm me whenever you're ready for one

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
Moto, you just said to use a b20intake cam on your quote, why not the b18b?
b18b would be better than b20, but i was answering in regards to strictly prelude parts, as a lot of people have several of each laying around lol.

but yes, b21 exhaust and b18b intake would be best. but the b18 cam needs to be machined to fit. i offer this service to anyone that wants it.
if you dont want to do that though, a b20 intake cam is next best and obviously drops right in

·
Registered
10,000,001 Posts
b18b would be better than b20, but i was answering in regards to strictly prelude parts, as a lot of people have several of each laying around lol.

but yes, b21 exhaust and b18b intake would be best. but the b18 cam needs to be machined to fit. i offer this service to anyone that wants it.
if you dont want to do that though, a b20 intake cam is next best and obviously drops right in
Thanks,

·
Registered
758 Posts
For the Webcams regrind, does it matter whcih cam set i send in. Can i send in a B20a, B20A5, or B21 cam set without any problem. Or does it need to be from my A5??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts