Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you out there have heard of these or have these but I just bought myself a pair. They turned out to be $70 shipped and I would like to show you how i went about getting the WeatherTech logo off the side of them before installing them so they would look a little more OE, I guess. It's easy, it's my first write-up really but i figured it would look better and sure enough I was right. So here goes nothing.

First, I looked on here to see if anyone had taken the logo off or made a write-up... I found nothing so i picked at the sticker with my thumb nail and nothing was happening.

I got out the hair dryer and tried warming it up for a while.

WALAAAHHHH!!! after about a minute of blow drying, i picked at it again with my thumb nail and it cam off but left a nasty, sticky, adhesive residue. :sadlike:

I dug in some cleaning supplies and found some classic Goo Gone and paper towels :)

I just put the Goo Gone on the paper towel and kinda used my thumb nail through the paper towel to scratch at the shizz without scratching my brand new window visors. It will spread the glue around a little, but keep putting Goo Gone on it and rubbing... it'll all come off eventually.
Just follow directions from there and put them bad boys on.. they look fressshhhh IMO. They don't stick too far away from the window and they're a good color and style. It will look better with some tint though.

(where the logo WOULD have been) All shiney and you can even see my reflection :)

Much cheaper and dang near the same product as the OEM window visors.. these are not glued on, they tuck in the window channel so they can't be stolen and they don't have a cheap look to them. Like i said though, i think tint IS needed for optimal appearance. I guess i should worry about this first though..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nah, the visors make up for the front end damage. They look very nice. On the second pic, it looks like there is tint film peeling back, what is that?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Ha, I love the wheels.

Those visors look good. IMO, just as good as the JDM or OEM ones, whatever they are.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Looks just like the write up on the weathertech's on the third and fifth gens on bayareaprelude.com

I was going to pick me up a set of weathertechs but I got the oems for 30 bucks more and they're darker.
Also anyone who knows how they are installed can easily steal them. They just flex into place.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
lol the "tint" you see being peeled back on the second picture is a reflection of a light or something on the ceiling of my bathroom.. you can tell it's not peeling because #1. i would be pissed and telling people why not to buy them rather than how good they look and how to install them and.. #2 the picture above it would have had the same cut in it right beside the, what used to be, logo. :)

i can get some pics of how if flexes into the groove, but i actually yanked on them pretty hard when the window was up and trust me, they dont seem to be going anywhere.. with the window down, that's a different story, but my windows are never even cracked when i'm not in it so it's all good lol..

the wheels were done for christmas of course, i actually spent a good deal of time on them and appreciate everybody's grrrrreat compliments on them hah...

i noticed they're kinda light on the tint.. i just niteshaded my tails again today (sorry no write up on that) and i was thinking about trying to niteshade the visors, but for some reason i can't see that working out too well lol.

oh yeah, they don't technically "attach" by the mirror, you roll the window down, maneuver these bad boys into the groove just outside of the window channel and when you roll the window up, it holds it in place.... you put the end in by the mirror, and then flex the plastic into a bow shape so the end closer to the trunk gets in the groove, then just push it up so it sits flush n shizz

·
Registered
562 Posts
yea there's cars in san francisco that got stolen on bayareaprelude...off a 4th and a 5th x___X but i have them on my car :]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts