Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about changing the trim around the windows on my car? I guess its called weatherstripping or something. where can i go to get this done and whats the usual cost?
Its really faded and greyish and makes the car look old. Id rather get some nice black or silver trim.
any ideas. Thanks guys, uve all been really helpful in the past.
I'm working on getting some pics on here.
92 prelude si 4ws automatic red/grey
I love the car so far.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
your paint on the trim has faded and will soon start to peel so if you want you could get them powder coated...that will make them look awsome and if its done right it will last forever...i wouldnt just up and buy stock pieces cause it will just happen again

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah what he said^^^ but whatever you do, don't go w/that silver crap. It looks cheap and crappy and GhEttO trash style.lol

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
aren't they rubber? wouldn't it melt and not work to get it powder coated?

buy stock replacements. keep them treated.

they'll look good for a long long time.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
yes true but rubber weather stripping doesnt fade to grey unless you never wash your car or something...i believe he is talkin about the metal trim that runs around the front windshiled and rear windshield that always fades and peels...my 4th gen did it and once i get the time plus a garauge to pull it into i will pull mine off to get powdercoated....sexcaliber if i am wrong in the trim let me know dawg

·
Registered
10 Posts
jdawgs92ludesi said:
nah the back windshield bro...thats all plastic and rubber i know that much
ahh.. yeah those are metal.. mine need to be repaired too. not turning gray though, more like rust colored. :( will all get fixed in time.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
sexcaliber said:
How do I go about changing the trim around the windows on my car? I guess its called weatherstripping or something. where can i go to get this done and whats the usual cost?
Its really faded and greyish and makes the car look old. Id rather get some nice black or silver trim.
any ideas. Thanks guys, uve all been really helpful in the past.
I'm working on getting some pics on here.
92 prelude si 4ws automatic red/grey
I love the car so far.

Thanks
Steve
holy fuckin crap... UTFSE (use the fuckin search engine)

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237401

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
^chill out dude

we dont even know which trim he's talking about.. metal? or rubber?

there's a difference...

and the trim usually fades when it's hit with a lot of sunlight too..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow. good response, driving you guys crazy. I mean the trim around the doors and tiny back windows is turning grey. And the metal portion in back around the rear window is turning rusty and bad.

So, what can i do, now that we know Im talking bout the whole damn thing
:)

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
lol sorry guys. i'm just hungry. and when i'm hungry i get cranky. so when theres nothing to eat. i get bored. and when i'm bored, i go to honda-tech and many other forums. and i read the same bull shit over and over because people don't know how to search. but i hope that last link i just sent you helped.

·
Registered
149 Posts
mine was just like the too..
i took a utility knife and cut all the peeling material off, sanded the rust off, taped it up really really well (overspray=bad) and sprayed it with ten to 15 light coats of black krylon rust tough.

there you have it.

the plastic on this seal looked really bad, so i did this one too (a little harder, but very do-able)

so... for five bucks and a little patience, it's not bad :emthup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts