Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for asking but I searched and I can not find an answer. I'm getting water in the rear passenger foot area, I've checked if the sunroof drains are clogged by running water through the sunroof half opened. I'm seeing good draining on the front driver and rear driver side, on the passengers its draining but not as much as the driver side.

Can someone tell me if the drains get clogged from the top or the bottom exit of the drain nipples, I'm asking because I remember reading some time back that the drains nipple can get clogged from road debris.

What ever help can be giving would be greatly appreciated as here in south florida we're about to get into the rain season.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Try more water in your open sunroof. Nothing like more water to help a clog out.

Happen to mig weld? Make a small soft loop in 8 feet or so of wire and feed it through. Then try water. No high pressure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try more water in your open sunroof. Nothing like more water to help a clog out.

Happen to mig weld? Make a small soft loop in 8 feet or so of wire and feed it through. Then try water. No high pressure.
olddudelude

That sounds like a good idea, I also wanted to take down the headliner and check to see if the drain line is torn or broken somewhere.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Does it only get wet when it rains?

Does it make a difference with the A/C on or off? --theres a drain tube that lets moisture and condensation drip out when the A/C runs. If it is plugged/cracked, it will leak onto the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it only get wet when it rains?

Does it make a difference with the A/C on or off? --theres a drain tube that lets moisture and condensation drip out when the A/C runs. If it is plugged/cracked, it will leak onto the passenger footwell.
MugenMachina

Its only happening when it rains, as the area under the dash where the AC drain its dry as a bone, but the only place its wet in the back seat foot area on the passenger side.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I forgot trunk leak. When brakes are applied it goes to the back cabin. Pull rear seat up and check for rust. Spare tire well will show also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem solved the right rear sunroof drain hose badly clogged from the bottom drain, I cleared out about a good two inches of crap it looks like it was backing up all the way to the sunroof drain pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts