Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after washing my car the other day I looked in the door when messing with my speakers and there's like .5 cm of water everywhere I can reach... and I can't tell where it's comin from. I've got some $$ into my speakers and i'm gonna be real bummed if they get f'd up, and even more pissed if my doors rust...

any ideas on where to check first?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well I'm not to sure(never took off the inside door panel) but I would think water would get into the door through the bottom window sill and drain out the bottom of the door but i would also think it would have some kind of plastic sheet to cover all the electrical components.

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Isn't it normal for water to get into the doors throught the side window seals? I think it is normal and there is just some drains in the bottom of the door. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, maybe i'm worrying about nothing then... i think i'll pour some straight in there and see how easily it comes out. I bet it comes out better when i'm driving, and my car never sits for more than a day, I guess it's no biggie as long as it's not there very long.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Yes water is supposed to get in there but it's supposed to get back out. Check the drains in the bottom of the doors to make sure they are not clogged. That's how the water supposed to get back out. Stick like a metal hanger up from the bottom of the doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts