Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
LOL...I have EXACTLY the same problem...i can see the water at that "connection" you have tried to seal,i did exactly the same thing. i dont think its anything to do with the trunkseal or even around that seal(corossion, pinhole, etc) i tried for MONTHS to find the leak...is it up on the roof...? back window seal? i finally gave up after "sealing"the roof down basically...if i had to guess id say its a body seam leak around the B pillar somewhere..i know my car was hit there early in its life so i guessed that didnt help, but it has EXACTLY the same leak on the other side, i see a few people have had this, its hard to realize exactly where it comes from (or ends up)..i didnt have the rust you had to help show me. i finally drilled a hole in the 2 sides of the trunk (below jackmount) and no more pooling water, but i really hated giving up and doing that...but it kinda works

your right...this is the leak no one really understands...ie less common

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took the entire trunk seal off and did that,thought it might be a pinhole leak UNDER the trunk seal, sealed the trunk seal to lip.....no luck, i think the leak is higher up, its a VERY specific leak, i sealed the "actual leak" and then i could see where it was coming from , that was a revelation in itself, but i think the water is under some small pressure so its not as simple as blobbing silicone on it, it just kind of bled through/around the silicone,...it leaks right at the round body tab right above the long dirt streak in the first picture, it beat me, i gave up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts