Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ludeyboy27 stated on jan 5th 2009 "very light scratches, could use some paint, price lowered to 150$" "Scratches arn't bad at all but i would have it re-sprayed"

He included some pics of the lip, but from far away and yes you could see some scratches, no big deal its a front lip shit happens theres a few scratches. Well he forgot to mention this:

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!!!! i dont drive some beater where this might pass, this lip is worthless. I have contacted the seller and requested a full refund on the lip + cost of shipping. This is rediclious. i knew it had scratches and planned on having it sprayed but now it is going to need hours of body work and never have the same strength. If i dont get my money back by the end of the week, all hell is going to break loose. i have all contact info and address for the seller. I will keep this updated as much as possible.

·
Registered
562 Posts
dude this was priced at like 60 bux or cheaper on socalprelude

·
Registered
956 Posts
Damn that sux dude....

That bumper looks like it was done at the BUILD A BEAR WORKSHOP!!!

Hope you get ur shiet refunded ASAP!!!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea he did have pics up and you could see the scratches and some paint missing. i pm'ed him about it also and he stated that it just needs some paint physically it is fine. payment ws sent tru paypal so i will open a dispute and sooner or later get my money back. if not then hes got another thing coming to him, or should i say MANY :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have found all of his info, address, myspace etc. i sent him a funds request via paypal. i will give him till the end of the week then its game on!

·
Registered
476 Posts
That really sucks, but I wouldn't say it's worthless..it's still an OEM Lip. Does it have any cracks or any breaks in the structural integrity? If the paint is just chipped and scratched to all hell, wouldn't it still cost you about the same amount to have it re-sprayed anyhow? If so, I'd just be mad that he lied about the condition and demand some, but not all of the money back and just get on with re-spraying it.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Damn wtf is that. Dried up puddie.

Bryan i'll help.. ASS whoopin time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a tub of bondo and a few hours could fix it yes. those few hours cost money in the body shop, money that could be put towards a brand new lip for $168 and then just have that sprayed to save time/money. i am on another forum site also and have made a thread about this topic. we are finding out all kinds of info about this seller. I am still hoping he gets back to me and would like to wait till the end of the week to hear back. i am going to send him this link so he can see what others think about his good deeds. here is another quote i found in my pm box from him

"today ill be busy at work. ill send it out tommorow around 3pm PST. chck for tracking number then. scratches arent bad at all, and yes i would recommend a respray."

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
a tub of bondo and a few hours could fix it yes. those few hours cost money in the body shop, money that could be put towards a brand new lip for $168 and then just have that sprayed to save time/money. i am on another forum site also and have made a thread about this topic. we are finding out all kinds of info about this seller. I am still hoping he gets back to me and would like to wait till the end of the week to hear back. i am going to send him this link so he can see what others think about his good deeds. here is another quote i found in my pm box from him

"today ill be busy at work. ill send it out tommorow around 3pm PST. chck for tracking number then. scratches arent bad at all, and yes i would recommend a respray."

Yes I agree. It's defiantly repairable but it would end up costing more $$$ that to buy a brand new one. Not to mention the cost you have already incurred on it by purchasing it. .

Very poor seller.

Sorry to hear about this.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That really sucks, but I wouldn't say it's worthless..it's still an OEM Lip. Does it have any cracks or any breaks in the structural integrity? If the paint is just chipped and scratched to all hell, wouldn't it still cost you about the same amount to have it re-sprayed anyhow? If so, I'd just be mad that he lied about the condition and demand some, but not all of the money back and just get on with re-spraying it.
It is not just a re-spray involved. The area with Bondo "Plastic filler" needs to be worked on and possibly more to be added. If you do not work that area it will end up looking like ****** shit. Unless he can do it himself, it's gonna cost Auto Body bucks to get it done. Any average Body shop would prob charge about 2.0 hours to repair the entire lip and have it prepped for paint. average body rate per hour is about $42.00 an hour + time to paint another 2.0= Thats already at $168.00 minimum, dont forget to add materials, Flex, Color sand buff, Tinting color, haz waste fees, tax, and all the other bull shit that body shops charge. It willl at least cost $250.00- $300.00 for that job. Not to mention the $150.00 he has spent consuming... $450.00-$500.00 for a front lip= FTL

The person who sold it to him Fucked him over by not telling him it would need repairs. He told him that scratches were not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes its sad that some people are not honest. If he had been i would not have bought the lip. either way i will get my money back. paypal will eventually take the money back out of his account if they determin him to be a fault. this has happened to me before and paypal came tru. so either way hes screwed.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no response to e-mails or pm's he has also not logged on since the 7th so he has not gotten them but who knos is he has another name on here to watch whats going on

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
dude this was priced at like 60 bux or cheaper on socalprelude
I remember that thread. I was going to buy it....

crazzyz250>>>>I'll buy the lip from you if you decide not to fix it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts