Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen where about 90% of you turbo guys have Walbro 255 fuel pumps and i was just wondering whats so great about them? im not to smart about fuel pumps so cut me some slack lol

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
affordable, good quality, easy to install, readily avaliable, and most of all reliable.
sweet i think ill get one then.

sorry about getting your thread locked but that idiot thought he was the shit and it pissed me off.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
sweet i think ill get one then.

sorry about getting your thread locked but that idiot thought he was the shit and it pissed me off.
its all good

We get them because we need the extra fuel. A stock fuel pump will not supply as much as a walboro fuel pump.
Hopefully someone buying this part would know that lol but yah ^ what Jarrid said.

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i figured it delivered fuel faster and better than stock but i was just wondering why the walbro because there are alot more fuel pumps that deliver fuel faster and better other than the walbro.

edit: i just ordered one so it should be here this week :top:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
yea i figured it delivered fuel faster and better than stock but i was just wondering why the walbro because there are alot more fuel pumps that deliver fuel faster and better other than the walbro.

edit: i just ordered one so it should be here this week :top:
lol Bryan are you turboing already?
Stock flows just fine unless your doing so.:burnout:

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol Bryan are you turboing already?
Stock flows just fine unless your doing so.:burnout:
found a turbo talon at a junkyard. im going to try to get as much off of it as possible.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
yes, teh stock fuel pump can't deliver enough fuel once you get to certain power levels. the stock fuel pump also doesnt do very well at higher fuel pressures that are seen with boost.
the walbro 255HP (hp stands for high pressure) delivers almost double the fuel that the stock fuel pump can supply under pressure

and the reason we use the walbro pump is because thats the only one that is a direct drop-in install. everything else has to be custom installed in some stupid way.

hopefully you bought the right pump with the right install kit to fit your car. you can't just buy just the pump

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
found a turbo talon at a junkyard. im going to try to get as much off of it as possible.
Good luck..

I hope you've done your research. i would hate to see you go wasting money.

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, teh stock fuel pump can't deliver enough fuel once you get to certain power levels. the stock fuel pump also doesnt do very well at higher fuel pressures that are seen with boost.
the walbro 255HP (hp stands for high pressure) delivers almost double the fuel that the stock fuel pump can supply under pressure

and the reason we use the walbro pump is because thats the only one that is a direct drop-in install. everything else has to be custom installed in some stupid way.

hopefully you bought the right pump with the right install kit to fit your car. you can't just buy just the pump
yup got the whole kit and pump for the 92-96 prelude si for $100

Good luck..

I hope you've done your research. i would hate to see you go wasting money.
yea the manifold fits the h23 you just have to drill it out a little. ive done plenty of research. you also gotta replace the o rings on the injectors.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
damnit. What you should do is buy my manifold and put the talon turbo on it. I believe you can actually do that. I am fairly postive that the talon turbo is a t3 flange

·
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damnit. What you should do is buy my manifold and put the talon turbo on it. I believe you can actually do that. I am fairly postive that the talon turbo is a t3 flange
lol why when i can get the manifold, turbo, injectors, oil line, bov, all the piping, and everything else for $300?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fairly positive huh? Stock DSM turbos are Mitsubishi flanged. Examples of Mitsu-flanged turbos are 14B, T25, 16G, 20G, etc. Stock 1st generation DSMs came with the 14B, while the second generations came with the T25. The 14B is a better and more reliable turbo. If you're doing a build using a stock DSM Turbo setup, then 255lph is WAY too much. 190lph would have been way more ideal. Or an OEM EVO 9 Pump if it would fit. Stock 450cc Injectors out of a stock DSM should do just fine up to around 20psi on the 14B. With a 255lph, you're going to need to run and tune an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

The stock 1G manifolds are junk. I would buy either a stock 2G manifold or an EVO-III manifold. Run a steel braided oil line from whatever your oil source is to your turbo. You'll also need to drill and tap the oil pan for the oil return line. I am not sure if the stock DSM return pipe will work or not. But it's not too hard to get your own return line. Also I'm not sure what people do with running the coolant lines if they even do so. Not sure if you'll need to run a resistor box for your injectors or not either. The stock blow off valve off the 1st generation DSMs is bulletproof. Tested and proven to hold 20+ psi stock, and 30+ psi with slight modification. I would go ahead and run a front mount intercooler now. The stock sidemount would be fine for a stock build, but if you upgrade later you might as well do a cheap front mount now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts