Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the midst of doing a b20a3 - b20a swap. now im wondering would the walbro 255LPM pump bee too much for the stock b20a to handle?

reason being; im also collecting various turbo setup parts for my upcomming turbo install and i figure, if i just put a walbro in my tank when i do the swap, i wont have to replace a brand new fuel pump and waste my money when i put my turbo kit on.

what do you think?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
not a problem at all.

to back up this thought, fuel pumps flow the same amount of fuel at all times, no matter what rpm the motor is at. how much fuel is actually returned to the tank is all dependant on the FPR. so if a fuel pump flows the same amount of fuel at idle as it does at full throttle, consider that a turbo lude with a walboro pump vs a stock lude both consume the same amount of fuel at idle while having different pumps with different flow rates. and if a turbo lude with a stock FPR can idle fine with a walboro pump, why cant a stock lude with a stock FPR handle a walboro pump?

food for though lol

you're fine, go for it

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wicked. its funny you mentioned the FPR cause i just woke up thinking about it, and i was like ..."duh idiot theres an FPR on the car"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts