Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vtec Eliminator Cams
Ive been seeing theese on websites like crane and dhracing and a few others. Just wondering if anyone runs these or know any info about them. I talk to a guy today that told me he knew someone who ran them on a stock h22 block. With a built head basic boltons of course a good header he made 225whp. That almost seems impossible with close to stock compression numbers. Just wondering if these cams are good for daily driving and exactly what they are and how they work. Thanks

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
chillinnkalli97 said:
Vtec Eliminator Cams
Ive been seeing theese on websites like crane and dhracing and a few others. Just wondering if anyone runs these or know any info about them. I talk to a guy today that told me he knew someone who ran them on a stock h22 block. With a built head basic boltons of course a good header he made 225whp. That almost seems impossible with close to stock compression numbers. Just wondering if these cams are good for daily driving and exactly what they are and how they work. Thanks
VTEC killers are kinda silly for a daily driver.

They work by elminating VTEC. Or more specifically, the VTEC lobes on the camshaft.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
For the street, there no reason whatsoever to use them.
The only reason racers use them is to ditch vtec, which adds weight and oil loss to the valvetrain, both things that are bad news on a racecar.

On the street vtec is your best friend, it allows wild cam profiles for top end power, but drivability down low.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh aight. This guy was telling me that they are alright for daily driving, and good to race on the streets or tracks. Had a feeling that he was prolly just trying to get me to buy them. Well thanks good thing i didnt get them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts