Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put the pins in the assigned spots but do they have to go all the way down?

cause one is sticking out a tiny bit

·
Registered
575 Posts
i put the pins in the assigned spots but do they have to go all the way down?

cause one is sticking out a tiny bit
If vtec dosnt kick then you know there not in right. How hard could that have ben for you to find out. I understand your a newb and i have seen all your post im not trying to sound like a dick but most of your questions are common sens questions that you could figure out your self if you tulk some time to think about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If vtec dosnt kick then you know there not in right. How hard could that have ben for you to find out. I understand your a newb and i have seen all your post im not trying to sound like a dick but most of your questions are common sens questions that you could figure out your self if you tulk some time to think about it.
I was just asking cause the car isnt running now, waiting on a part.
and My gauge cluster stays at 0 both rpm and mph

i just wanna know if the pins have to be all the way in or if as long as the metal is touching they will let the current go through

·
Registered
575 Posts
I was just asking cause the car isnt running now, waiting on a part.
and My gauge cluster stays at 0 both rpm and mph

i just wanna know if the pins have to be all the way in or if as long as the metal is touching they will let the current go through

yea as long as the metal is touching the curent will go threw but that dosnt meen that there secure they could get pulled back out make shure that when you pull on it it dosnt come back out.

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
yeah if they slip right out they aren't secure and might slip out. but i had to add the wires and pins too and they also stick out a little, but they're secure. you have to tug on them a lil to pull them out

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah if they slip right out they aren't secure and might slip out. but i had to add the wires and pins too and they also stick out a little, but they're secure. you have to tug on them a lil to pull them out
alright thanks that helps a lot

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
^^^ actualy, yes, it will.
vetc doesn't engage depending on speed, it engages depending on RPMs

·
Registered
888 Posts
I was under the impression it did because what tells the ECU that you're in neutral so that the vtec doesn't engage? I thought the VSS had something to do with that.

·
Registered
575 Posts
vtec will not engage when the vss is not working. Like Graphite said the vss tell the ecu when the car is moving. Its a saftey thing so you dont dry rev it and hit vtec and destroy your motor.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vtec will not engage when the vss is not working. Like Graphite said the vss tell the ecu when the car is moving. Its a saftey thing so you dont dry rev it and hit vtec and destroy your motor.
i think its the gauge cluster
but it wont work if the cluster is not working, i have to check my wiring going to the vss too

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
:huh:... well my speedo doesn't work, never has since i've had the car and i still hit vtec every time, garanteed. i even have a dig. vtec control and it tells me im hitting vtec.

so is it missleading me

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
:huh:... well my speedo doesn't work, never has since i've had the car and i still hit vtec every time, garanteed. i even have a dig. vtec control and it tells me im hitting vtec.

so is it missleading me
your vss may be working, but the actual speedo in the guage cluster may not be

EDIT: damn you kinda beat me to it Tizz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts