Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4G had a center sub\amp in between the rear seats.
The S\Si did not

Anyone install sub\amp into an S\Si and offer up some help

I've pulled the wiring diagrams but just can't seem to figure it out
I've got the amp,a speaker, pigtail, and wiring that looks like it runs to just beside the drivers seat(but not c543)

I'm using an aftermarket HU

·
Registered
341 Posts
IMO I would just install a regular 6x9 in that location and splice it into your rear 6.5's on the deck. Then just run a regular sub and amp. The 6x9 would make the sound quality a lot better while the sub would add some bass. You can usually find some decently cheap sub/amp combo's. I dont know if you want to do this, just an idea.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
what size sub are you using? if its a 8 which i believe is the biggest you will ever fit on one then id install it like a normal sub, if its a 6x9 splice it onto another speaker. i bet you have to do alot of hollowing out to get a 8" sub in there.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Lucky you I just did this and when I asked I got absolutely no help so I haven't touched for months and just did it yesterday actually. But pretty sure that C543 is the connector that connects all the speaker wires and puts em to one wire to connect to the dash. instead of there being 2 sets...

should have the blue & gray and red & brown wires which are rear speakers(least im pretty sure those colors. they are twisted together).
a black ground which there is a box to push that into... (Under rear panel)
a yellow/white wire which was just spliced into the yellow/white wire on main wires which is where i put... (spliced under the rear side panel)
a yellow/red wire which was my problem... ran it all the way up under the dash into the same green connector but there were extra slots on the end but i just put it in where it was on my other car...

harness under dash in the 93 had 3slots/5slots/3slots
harness under dash in the 94 had 3slots/6slots/3slots
so i wasn't sure if all would match up and didn't wanna plug in not work have to pull connector then wire and try somewhere else so thats what stopped me... decided what the hell i just try it the other day and what you know it ended up working so...

if that doesn't all makes sense im sorry and let me know and ill try to get it written better for ya... was trying to get up real quick.

I kept getting everyone telling me how to hook up normal subs to which is not what i wanted to do and pretty sure not what you want to do and like me... seems like you wanna just hook it back up stock like it was in the original car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...if that doesn't all makes sense im sorry and let me know and ill try to get it written better for ya... was trying to get up real quick.

I kept getting everyone telling me how to hook up normal subs to which is not what i wanted to do and pretty sure not what you want to do and like me... seems like you wanna just hook it back up stock like it was in the original car.
Thanks Street but you're right-it doesn't make sense
Still lost. Guessin you didn't take any pictures when you did this?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Thanks Street but you're right-it doesn't make sense
Still lost. Guessin you didn't take any pictures when you did this?

lol no pics sorry but should be pretty easy... what i did...

i took out the whole rear driver side seat top and bottom, the rear side panel, then of course the center piece for the speaker. youll be connecting wires into that main harness that runs under that side panel.

here ill run out there and take some pics for ya... see what i can do since its starting to get dark... if not tonight ill get em taken tomorrow and up for you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol no pics sorry but should be pretty easy... what i did...

i took out the whole rear driver side seat top and bottom, the rear side panel, then of course the center piece for the speaker. youll be connecting wires into that main harness that runs under that side panel.

here ill run out there and take some pics for ya... see what i can do since its starting to get dark... if not tonight ill get em taken tomorrow and up for you.
I have the rear seats and the side panel out

I have a (piece) of a VTEC harness(shame it's not the full one)

Here's what I've got

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Ok... so you got all those pieces out... pretty sure youll have to cut a little tape of the tubing then kinda pull the wires out.

there are the speaker(2 sets of twisted wires) and the yellow/white wire. There's actually 3 Yellow/White wires... but 2 of them are skinnier. I pulled the one that looked more like it was with the speaker ones. The other one looked more like it went to the center of all the other grouped wires. I just spliced the wire into it. Now further down you'll see a small box...

I just put the black wire into that connector in the corner with all the other gorund wires.

As for the speaker wires... the thing your talking bout is just like the above box...

it just takes the 2 sets of speaker wires and puts em into 1 set to go under the dash... like yours... its in my 93vtec project car that i pulled the speaker and wiring from but not in the 94si DD. I haven't fully hooked up yet myself cause i just taped em to the rear speaker connectors to test and made sure i had everything hooked up right before i start cutting and everything. But splice the ones from the 6x9 anywhere into those that go to the rears... just match colors.

As for the yellow/red wire... that one ran all the way up to the dash and went into a green connector.

You can either just trying plugging it in or I ended up pulling the whole connector out to see if wires match and all that... which actually in my 94 it had more holes then the 93 so it threw me off... but i just plugged it in exactly where it was in the 93 and it ended up working luckily. ran it under the carpet there along the door and for the time being just put under the main harness thats under there. It was a bitch to get the connector out so thats up to you if you can see well enough to plug in. I also pulled the panel over the fuse box and hood handle jsut to see if it helped lol.

for that harness... it went... atleast in my 94...

3slots 6slots 3slots (with 2 rows of course)

now if hope this helps cause i can't take a pic with only 2 hands of the harness and wires cause i have to hold the light in the garage to.

the yellow/red wire is gonna plug into the center set of slots... and the set thats on the opposite side of the clip that you push to pull the connector out.

in the 93(that had the speaker) it went

RED/BLACK , RED/BLUE , EMPTY , YELLOW/RED , YELLOW/WHITE

so even though there were more slots in the 94, there was only 2 empty slots in the middle so just plugged in next to the yellow/white also. don't know how yours looks under your car so i'm just saying...

really hope this way helps... if not i can try to take better pics once its light out and dont have to use the hanging light in the garage to.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
oh... damn... umm... just saw your post after i posted... hmm... best bet probably is to pull the wires from that harness...

Ok... so the wires that I pulled out that were connected to the car for the sub were...

Blue & Grey Red & Brown... Twisted Speaker wires
Black... Ground
Yellow/White... Radio Switched Power
Yellow/Red... ACC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts