Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, tonight will be my first time racing at the strip. I've been there plenty of times but I've never run. It will be the Orlando Speedway in Bithlo if your interested. I just have a B20A5 with an intake and an auto tranny. I just want a baseline for when I improve to see how far I've come. I'm thinking I will have it in "S" and pull the handbrake up so I can rev it up a bit. Drop the Ebrake and slam the gas. Once I get to 2nd I'll shift down to 2nd so I can hold it longer, then up to 3rd then 4th. I'm working on a tranny swap so I don't want to hear "Dude buy a 5 speed!" Yes I'm aware of that thank you.

Anyway my point is, are there any suggestions you have if you've raced an auto? I don't want ideas from manual guys because racing an auto is completely different, especially a Honda auto. I'm not out there to win, just to get an idea of how the car does now so I can see how much I've improved once I've made major improvements.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I raced my old sportshift prelude at the track a couple of times. Holding it to the converter does help some, but it isnt an extreme difference. I launched from the converter @ 1900-2000 and i still bogged. Leaving it in D will get you much more consistent times if you are bracket racing, but shift it yourself if you are going for speed.

So

Going for consistency: No converter launch, launch from idle, and leave it in D

Going for speed: Go off the converter, shift it yourself

·
Registered
734 Posts

Whats worse than running 21's 1/4 mile?

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
haha man that blows
taking her down again soon im guessin?