Honda Prelude Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok, another resurrected post, but the easiest way to bypass it is run a 96 obd2 p13 ecu.

·
Registered
46 Posts
true story, it is a weighed security concern for the owner. If you have a bypassed immobilizer, its not a good idea to post that. But, its often an obstacle for those with motor swaps or trying to hook up a remote start. Be creative in your security is all I can say, if you remove a barrier, put something else in it's place. And have insurance, or in the words of chris rock 'in case sh*t'

·
Administrator
6,515 Posts
True, Extra security is always a good idea

Remote starts can be Installed no problem. Only reason anyone would go obd1 is for tuning purposes....or to go cheap if they lost a key.

Posting the Information about what to remove or swap leaves less work for those street shopping

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks fo the information that I found here. We bought a 1997 Prelude with no keys and would like to put this cool old car back on the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
exactly as I have one on the Doc's Mobilizer A0 boards here didn't know about the data connector problem when I bought it (only on USDM ecu's) so I went about actually hacking the immobilizer unit to retain the system .. not too hard to do just have to get a EEPROM porgramer and do some HEX editing.
Please enlighten me on the hex editing. I have several programmers and i would certainly be willing to get another if the ones that I have weren't applicable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if I understand, but I think you're talking about jumping immobilizer in my case, so it was resolved like this:

OBD2B:
H22A7

41 - 47 of 47 Posts