Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
haha its cool i was jus messing around sorry. i'ma guess thats a big FU. like i said i'm sorry i edited cus i thought its funny. i really need a way to pass emissions thats all. i was gona edit again after i steal the cars i need to pass emissions. haha
seriously though i get ur point on why u wanted to share this info, and ur probably right its not the most efficent way to steal a car. im just saying any info like this can help people figure out ways to steal shit. just sayin.

·
Registered
229 Posts
no guys, its not as easy as you think. you have to solder the immobilizer-bypass chip onto the ecu once you have carefully taken off the original.. they have something like 8 teeth on each side soldered onto the board that you have to carefully take off so that you can solder the bypass chip on properly.. almost impossible to do without crazy light, a soldering kit, tools to open the car then extract the ecu.
Wondering how i know? i had to do this. lost every key and honda wanted 2000+ for all new locks etc, said it was the only option. fuck that shit. 50$ and shipping fees for a little chip and i can cut all the keys i want for the car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
no guys, its not as easy as you think. you have to solder the immobilizer-bypass chip onto the ecu once you have carefully taken off the original.. they have something like 8 teeth on each side soldered onto the board that you have to carefully take off so that you can solder the bypass chip on properly.. almost impossible to do without crazy light, a soldering kit, tools to open the car then extract the ecu.
Wondering how i know? i had to do this. lost every key and honda wanted 2000+ for all new locks etc, said it was the only option. fuck that shit. 50$ and shipping fees for a little chip and i can cut all the keys i want for the car.
its 10 pins and its fairly easy i have pictures n stuff on the other site, i'd posted it but its apparently sensitive info over here.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
? if you had a car worth stealing wouldn't you want to spend a little more on a good aftermarket alarm?

If you had a car worth stealing, wouldn't you spend a little more putting it in a garage?

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
the problem with Doctronic's Mobilizer A0 board is the OBD2 connector does not work anymore and if your in a area that does inspection it will fail because of OBD...

man i'm so happy right now. i been troubled with honda's pos immobilizer system and posting on here trying to find a solution to run my car with OBD2 ecu for as cheap as possible. finally tonight i get some clear answers i would like to share with you guys.
this is for all hondas from 1997-2001

apparently the immobilizer is a chip on the ecu main board its soldered on there, you can break it off and start your car with a check engine light (this doesn't work on preludes apperently). to get rid of the CEL you can order this chip its called mobilizer board made by a place called doctronics. will cost a bit over 50 dollars to get your hands on it in the US. you order this little chip and replace your existing immobilizer and bam u are finished. haha soo freaking happy.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27958
http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=429
http://www.doctronic.at/scripts/orderform.dll/eng

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
both of you guys allready have it done to yours allready? must share more info god this is getting annoying.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i mean you said you guys done the process of the mobilizer chip, u get no CEL but you also can't check CEL. i just want to confirm this since wasn't brought up in the accord forums. also the guy that does immobilizer removal at (http://ff-squad.com/ecu2/?page_id=76) specifically mentioned that this will pass emissions that use a OBD2 scanner. i understand that if you use a obd1 jumper cable and obd1 ecu obd2 scanner will come up with nothing. jus confusing when everyone's answer is different.

·
Registered
339 Posts
wait, im confused...

"apparently the immobilizer is a chip on the ecu main board its soldered on there, you can break it off and start your car with a check engine light (this doesn't work on preludes apperently)"

so this doesnt help with stealing preludes then, so why does it matter???
or am i reading this wrong, cuz based on that sentence, taking off the chip DOES NOT work on preludes, right???

·
Registered
229 Posts
you cant just break off the immobilizer chip off the ECU and start the car; you have to solder in the immobilizer bypass chip ($60 or whatever) once you break off the original piece. The only downside is you can get CEL's in the future, but you cannot read them. I repeat, CEL's WILL show up on your dash, but when you insert a OBD2 reader it says ERROR. Make sense?

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
you cant just break off the immobilizer chip off the ECU and start the car; you have to solder in the immobilizer bypass chip ($60 or whatever) once you break off the original piece. The only downside is you can get CEL's in the future, but you cannot read them. I repeat, CEL's WILL show up on your dash, but when you insert a OBD2 reader it says ERROR. Make sense?
exactly as I have one on the Doc's Mobilizer A0 boards here didn't know about the data connector problem when I bought it (only on USDM ecu's) so I went about actually hacking the immobilizer unit to retain the system .. not too hard to do just have to get a EEPROM porgramer and do some HEX editing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
wait, im confused...

so this doesnt help with stealing preludes then, so why does it matter???
or am i reading this wrong, cuz based on that sentence, taking off the chip DOES NOT work on preludes, right???
breaking off the chip works on other hondas and doesn't work on preludes. on intetras breaking off lets u drive the car with CEL preludes breaking it off doesn't do shit for u.

"
Hi Charlie,

When it comes specifically to the 97-01 prelude ecu’s immobilizer, removing the chip only, will render the ecu useless, in comparison to a say a 00-01 integra ecu. 00-01 integra ecu’s can still run if the IMMO chip is pulled off. Prelude ecu’s do not, as they have a 2nd line of defense even if the IMMO chip is removed.

……Queue in my aftermarket IMMO chip!

I have an aftermarket IMMO chip that will replace your OEM IMMO chip and will allow the vehicle to start, run, and is OBD2 scanner tool friendly. You won’t be able to pass emissions if you convert to OBD1.

katman"
email i got prolly will send m ecu there and see whats up. 80 dollars.

·
_
2,494 Posts
i cant believe i have to modify my central processing unit to make the car fucking start.

thanks for installing that piece of shit in the first place, honda. god damn, sometimes you piss me off. like when i'm sitting in my boiling-hot car, in the sun for 2 hours trying to jumper wires on my immobilizer.

fuck.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
You do know that it is common knowledge and posted all over this site how a simply obd2/obd1 harness and a chipped p28 ecu will bypass the factory ecu immobilizer. There still is the starter kill to bypass but that's child's play.

Face it, if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. A tow truck is far simpler to jack and then they simply pull away your car. This is what good insurance is for.
yeah because the insurance company would gladly reimburse me my $6000 i paid for my car + $7000 in mods for a 12 year old car.

the fact of the matter is, if you don't want your shit jacked, park it in your garage. if you don't have a garage, well.. then you're sol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
man i'm so happy right now. i been troubled with honda's pos immobilizer system and posting on here trying to find a solution to run my car with OBD2 ecu for as cheap as possible. finally tonight i get some clear answers i would like to share with you guys.
this is for all hondas from 1997-2001

apparently the immobilizer is a chip on the ecu main board its soldered on there, you can break it off and start your car with a check engine light (this doesn't work on preludes apperently). to get rid of the CEL you can order this chip its called mobilizer board made by a place called doctronics. will cost a bit over 50 dollars to get your hands on it in the US. you order this little chip and replace your existing immobilizer and bam u are finished. haha soo freaking happy.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27958
http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=429
http://www.doctronic.at/scripts/orderform.dll/eng

Do you think you can e mail me: [email protected] I tried sending you a pm but I guess I was nt qualified. Im having similar problems with my 97 prelude type SH , the engine wont always crank and the Green light key shows up when I use certain keys. Ive tried getting the keys programmed and already spent a great deal of money. They want 900 dollars to swap the immobilizer at the stealer ship. Any advice would be Greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Do you think you can e mail me: [email protected] I tried sending you a pm but I guess I was nt qualified. Im having similar problems with my 97 prelude type SH , the engine wont always crank and the Green light key shows up when I use certain keys. Ive tried getting the keys programmed and already spent a great deal of money. They want 900 dollars to swap the immobilizer at the stealer ship. Any advice would be Greatly appreciated. thanks!
Have you had the ignition switch recall done....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you had the ignition switch recall done....
Well when I took the car to the dealership they didnt say anything about the recall, Im guessing it was already done because the previous owner of my car was very anal. Im going to have to call them tomorrow and double check.
Im not exactly sure but from what Ive read online people who had that problem had their car shut off out of no where. My car wont start at all and when it did a couple times it was good to go, no green key light flashing. but when a certain key stopped starting the car it was like the car completely rejected the key, which is what lead me to believe it was the immobilizer. Luckily I have some friends who want to help me and Im going to check the junk yards for the 4th generation computer (sorry I don't know proper terminology) .

Thanks alot for the help! I really appreciate it!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts