Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
man i'm so happy right now. i been troubled with honda's pos immobilizer system and posting on here trying to find a solution to run my car with OBD2 ecu for as cheap as possible. finally tonight i get some clear answers i would like to share with you guys.
this is for all hondas from 1997-2001

apparently the immobilizer is a chip on the ecu main board its soldered on there, you can break it off and start your car with a check engine light (this doesn't work on preludes apperently). to get rid of the CEL you can order this chip its called mobilizer board made by a place called doctronics. will cost a bit over 50 dollars to get your hands on it in the US. you order this little chip and replace your existing immobilizer and bam u are finished. haha soo freaking happy.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27958
http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=429
http://www.doctronic.at/scripts/orderform.dll/eng

·
Asian Assassin
2,911 Posts
yeah and you are an idiot for posting this up for thieves to get this info.

on the other hand, good job for finding it out.

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
yeah and you are an idiot for posting this up for thieves to get this info.

on the other hand, good job for finding it out.

Lol i dont think i thieve is gunna take the time to open your ecu and break a chip off, atleast if i was a thieve i wouldnt lmao.

but on the other hand this is awesome to know incase u are someone like me and buy the car and dont recieve the red key.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I did not get the red key when I bought my SH. I just got some 'T5' keys cut to my VIN# at the Honda dealer and they worked first try nothing else had to be done.

Reactions: Warrior88

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm sure thiefs knows this allready. but who owns a honda with good shit in it and relies on factory alarm?

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
pretty interesting, and would be useful if I lost my keys, but I gave my pops an extra copy just for this reason

·
12,918 Posts
man i'm so happy right now. i been troubled with honda's pos immobilizer system and posting on here trying to find a solution to run my car with OBD2 ecu for as cheap as possible. finally tonight i get some clear answers i would like to share with you guys.
this is for all hondas from 1997-2001

apparently the immobilizer is a chip on the ecu main board its soldered on there, you can break it off and start your car with a check engine light (this doesn't work on preludes apperently). to get rid of the CEL you can order this chip its called mobilizer board made by a place called doctronics. will cost a bit over 50 dollars to get your hands on it in the US. you order this little chip and replace your existing immobilizer and bam u are finished. haha soo freaking happy.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27958
http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=429
http://www.doctronic.at/scripts/orderform.dll/eng
I don't get it.. you say you're happy to have found the solution which is taking the chip out of the ecu, but it apparently doesn't work on preludes..
YAY!
:???:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't get it.. you say you're happy to have found the solution which is taking the chip out of the ecu, but it apparently doesn't work on preludes..
YAY!
:???:
sorry its confusing, ripping off the prelude immobilizer will not start the car. i learned this from (http://ff-squad.com/ecu2/?page_id=76) look at option 1 which is ripping the chip only only works for tegs and not for our prelude and will have a CEL. option 2 fixes both ludes and tegs with no CEL. i'm still asking around on the accord forums to see what ecu they are using for their h22 obd2 swaps that has used this method, i'll keep u guys updated.

·
Registered
625 Posts
dude ur a retard for posting this. someone already tried to steal my car, fortunately the idiot thought it was like civic and tried to start it with a screw driver. the immbolizer is the only thing that saved me but thanks again for helping them out, maybe next time it'll be ur car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
dude ur a retard for posting this. someone already tried to steal my car, fortunately the idiot thought it was like civic and tried to start it with a screw driver. the immbolizer is the only thing that saved me but thanks again for helping them out, maybe next time it'll be ur car.
You do know that it is common knowledge and posted all over this site how a simply obd2/obd1 harness and a chipped p28 ecu will bypass the factory ecu immobilizer. There still is the starter kill to bypass but that's child's play.

Face it, if someone wants your car bad enough they will get it. A tow truck is far simpler to jack and then they simply pull away your car. This is what good insurance is for.

·
Registered
303 Posts
? if you had a car worth stealing wouldn't you want to spend a little more on a good aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Exactly... I have a gearlock on the stick and a 5 star car alarm and I have disabled the boot so no one can open it unless you have the keys.

·
Registered
625 Posts
ANYTHING u do can be "solved" by someone with enough knowledge. my point is why help? ur alarms can be disabled, kill switches jumped, whatever but why give this information away making more people with the knowledge, that might not have had it before and raising the percentage of thieves that can still ur car? luckly the person that broke into my car didnt come across a website with info like this on it or i might not have my car right now. but by all means..........just dont come back complaining if it happens to u.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i'm not gonna argue with u as we have different points of view. i purely posted this to help ppl with similar problems as me. i do want to point out 1 thing tho, what i pointed out cost more then a 40 dollar jumper harness. i understand u are upset cus i posted something that u think attributed to the fact your car was almost jacked. but i still don't understand why u would call me a retard. doesn't seem too bright on your side.

hello guys, i am car thief i want to disable immobilizer so i can steal teh carz. i will not buy a 40 dollar jumper harness, instead i will go to this website in europe, order this chip for 54 dollars wait for a week for it to arrive, break in to your car at night, steal teh ecu, unsolder the immobilizer chip, solder my chip on it put it back in teh car and drive your pos away. thank you i get all teh info on this website.

·
Registered
625 Posts
^its "retard" but maybe ur right.

nice edit RETARD.

you know i was going to agree with you, but now u can :thefinger_red: yourself.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^its "retard" but maybe ur right.

nice edit RETARD.

you know i was going to agree with you, but now u can :thefinger_red: yourself.
haha its cool i was jus messing around sorry. i'ma guess thats a big FU. like i said i'm sorry i edited cus i thought its funny. i really need a way to pass emissions thats all. i was gona edit again after i steal the cars i need to pass emissions. haha

1 - 20 of 47 Posts