Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In just got word that Vibrant is re-releasing the H22 header that they previously quit producing. I've already got several on order and will have them in my hands in a few weeks time.

$550 free US shipping

Heres some pics:

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
how do these headers compare to others? considering im pretty much using vibrant for my entire exhaust. was originally going to get the kamimazi.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how do these headers compare to others? considering im pretty much using vibrant for my entire exhaust. was originally going to get the kamimazi.
No details yet since they are just now coming back out, but in the past this was the best bang for your buck header you could get. I expect this header to do VERY well. Its going to be much cheaper than a custom made header.

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
Well, I dislike this site, but in the interest of Vibrant....I will post.
While I can't say what this header will do, I had great success with their Street Header that came out in 05(still have 2 of them) As far as power, while I can't provide a Stock VS Vibrant comparison, or even a Dyno Sheet.....I can tell you it was worth 9whp/6tq OVER the Greddy(And less than $100 more than the Greddy) across the board on both of my setups.
Nothing crazy, just a stock Jdm H22A with S2S1 cams in 1 motor and JUNs in the other.
Take my reply for what its worth........Waits for people to discuss the joke HyTech replica or Bisi's mystery header.....<<----Still haven't seen anything impressive from that, andthe company has been some real punks about it.

MSRP: $675
Hopefully this header steals a bunch of replica business and Bisi's.......

·
Registered
836 Posts
What are those little springs for?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The springs allow it to flex a bit, but they basically hold the header together at the joints. Its pretty common on alot of motorcycle headers. My SSR header basically does the same thing, it has bolts, but you arent supposed to tighten them anymore than snug to allow some slight movement. It keeps the other welds from cracking because of stress when the motor moves around etc.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
happen to know any dimensions? looks promising for a shelf header
I will be providing those as soon as I have one in my hands, it does look very promising to me too. It also looks like it would be fairly easy to do a megaphone or 3" collector setup on it if a guy wanted to modify a new header.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats wrong with the bisi header's? And i wonder how low it sits. Cuz i know the reps hang pretty low.
Not the place to discuss Bisi. This isnt a replica either, I'd expect it to fit damn near perfect. Shouldnt be any header dragging or crossmember notching haha. I'll be throwing one on my 5th gen when they arrive and taking a handful of pictures.

·
Registered
324 Posts
wow, nice looking header and decent price too for a non-replica.
This seems to be a completely new header they made and not the mugen replica their old header was.

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
Well since I am having a hard time getting my hands on the kamikazi header for my supercharger.. I might get this instead. Id like to make it a 3 inch collector though. Rosko should do this :) anywho... how do you guys think it would compare? Im sure it would still be plenty good for an sc build. These are now listed on kteller.. are they in stock yet at rosko??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well since I am having a hard time getting my hands on the kamikazi header for my supercharger.. I might get this instead. Id like to make it a 3 inch collector though. Rosko should do this :) anywho... how do you guys think it would compare? Im sure it would still be plenty good for an sc build. These are now listed on kteller.. are they in stock yet at rosko??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yes, I've got 3 of them in stock. I just finished putting one on my 5th gen last night but it was too dark to take pictures. I'll post some up tonight.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts