Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one that's under the ps cords will not come off.
It turns like it is loosening but you cant turn it with your fingers its still to tight and it will not come off.

Um.
WHAT DO I DO!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
same here man i took the valve cover off to paint it and when i put it back on the seal wasnt on correctly so i go to take it off again and those 2 bolts just keep turning and wont come off! its realy weird hopefully someone on here has a solution

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefuly someone can help Im trying to replace my timing belt and I cant get the valve cover off.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
this happened to me, i took off all the ones that i could and stuck a flathead screwdriver under the valve cover to put pressure on the stripped nut and then i jammed a smaller flathead under the stripped nut and loosened it slowly with a socket until it came off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same with mine. Using a socket wrench and a few other wrenchs to see if it was really turning. I used needle nose pliers to see if it was and it was.

It just turns and turns and turns with some force. Not loosely.

·
Registered
311 Posts
this happened to me, i took off all the ones that i could and stuck a flathead screwdriver under the valve cover to put pressure on the stripped nut and then i jammed a smaller flathead under the stripped nut and loosened it slowly with a socket until it came off.

Do this when it strips.

When you get it off, go to honda and get the replacement studs that screw into the head (make sure you know if you need a long stud or a short stud), as well as the vc nut that you most likely stripped. When I did this, I stripped both the stud and nut:Oo:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do this when it strips.

When you get it off, go to honda and get the replacement studs that screw into the head (make sure you know if you need a long stud or a short stud), as well as the vc nut that you most likely stripped. When I did this, I stripped both the stud and nut:Oo:
yup yup i still have to go get the stud and nut, can you by them individually and how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

Honda part#s
#9 is
90012-PM7-000 BOLT B, HEAD COVER $3.32
#10 is
90013-P13-000 BOLT B, HEAD COVER $4.59
#12 is
90213-PH3-000 NUT, CAP (6MM) $2.38
#13 is
90442-PR7-A00 WASHER, HEAD COVER $4.59

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Honda part#s
#9 is
90012-PM7-000 BOLT B, HEAD COVER $3.32
#10 is
90013-P13-000 BOLT B, HEAD COVER $4.59
#12 is
90213-PH3-000 NUT, CAP (6MM) $2.38
#13 is
90442-PR7-A00 WASHER, HEAD COVER $4.59
So i need number 9?
Right the one that goes under the ps lines

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the valve cover off BBBBBut.

Still trying to replace the timing belt.

Can not get the crank pully off.
I got the honda tool and have tried using it.
With a breaker bar.
This bolt is on so tight.

Would an impact wrench work better???
Um.
Im really at a lost.
Ive been trying for like 5 days to get this bolt off.

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Got the valve cover off BBBBBut.

Still trying to replace the timing belt.

Can not get the crank pully off.
I got the honda tool and have tried using it.
With a breaker bar.
This bolt is on so tight.

Would an impact wrench work better???
Um.
Im really at a lost.
Ive been trying for like 5 days to get this bolt off.
I swear there was something up on the forums for how to remove that bolt, but I couldn't find it with a quick search. I do remember the pictures though, looked like the guy was using a breaker bar with a section of pipe to increase torque/leverage. Be careful when doing this though, you might put too much torque and snap the bolt off. Did you try any penetrating lubricant? *snicker*

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha. This bolt is bending me over and raping me...
Rather the whole car is laughing at me.
Has the car a month and its only ran 6 days.
=[

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
haha. This bolt is bending me over and raping me...
Rather the whole car is laughing at me.
Has the car a month and its only ran 6 days.
=[
preludes are full of win. I bought mine mid december and why i was only able to start driving it last friday! Transmission failure ftl

·
Registered
329 Posts
Next time read the torque specs. Those nuts are only supposed to be a little past hand tight. I did the same thing and had to drill the nuts off. That was some scary shit, metal shavings everywhere.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Impact air gun will get the crank bolt off if you have one. If not then get the shop loose it for you.
I have the same problem with the valve cover nuts. I end up using dremel to cut them off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
majestic honda should have that part for you or goto the local dealer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts