Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was wondering i have been reasearching my ass of trying to find a way to keep most of my vaccume stuff, so i came up with this!

it is a Blox 6-port Vacuum Manifold Kit except the only thing is i dont know what it is exacatly, basically idk where to install it, or what it replaces! LOL! so does anyone know that can explane it to me a lil better!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Ok i was wondering i have been reasearching my ass of trying to find a way to keep most of my vaccume stuff, so i came up with this!

it is a Blox 6-port Vacuum Manifold Kit except the only thing is i dont know what it is exacatly, basically idk where to install it, or what it replaces! LOL! so does anyone know that can explane it to me a lil better!:laugh:
A vacuum manifold is just a big splitter. It converts one vacuum source line into as many as you want.

What's not clear is what you mean by "trying to find a way to keep most of my vaccume stuff". What is it that you're trying to do? Are you putting on different carbs or something? Right now you have a solution in search of a problem.

C|

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
nice! what is the $15 for though? lol! I am real tired! haha

You can make a vacuum manifold with some PVC pipe and barb fittings.

I guess in your other thread you said you're doing a rebuild, so if that's the case just use tape to mark where all the lines go and put everything back when you're done. A lot of the emissions stuff you could live without if you don't have to pass testing or an inspection. There was writeup around here somewhere.

C|

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You can make a vacuum manifold with some PVC pipe and barb fittings.

I guess in your other thread you said you're doing a rebuild, so if that's the case just use tape to mark where all the lines go and put everything back when you're done. A lot of the emissions stuff you could live without if you don't have to pass testing or an inspection. There was writeup around here somewhere.

C|
^^+1. I had done a writeup on getting rid of the vacuum line mess, but mine is a DX (carbed, not PGM-fi). I'm not sure how much of the factory stuff you have to keep and what you can get rid of on a Si due to the computer and fuel injection. I wish I had a Si to experiment with....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, i am prob just going to replace the big ass black box with a lil color ones! lol! or idk havent figure it out really yet! i do know i am going to replace most of the silicone to be pretty colors! lol! i cant wait till my engine is done so i can get on the ball!

·
Registered
754 Posts
unless you do the obd1 conversion mhuaa hahahahaha, then you can get rid of a lot of the lines on the si

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also i have done some PhotoChopping on my engine and (to decide colors ect...) and i cam up with a really good concept, it will still aloow me to keep everything in it including the big as hell vacuum box!

I will have to see when time comes around to put it all back together! haha

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
now ar ewe talking about the si or dx

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
No just the base model whatever that is?
So yours is carbed then? If it's fuel injected it's an Si, if it's carbed it's a DX. If it's carbed then check out my thread titled "Untangling the spaghetti and removing unneccessaries" in the How To's. I eliminated most of the vacuum lines and black boxes on my DX and did a writeup with some pics on what I did and how I rerouted stuff... :Rock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts