Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i looked at some of the other forums that are realted to this but nothing was really similar unless i missed something... LOL...

Ok i need to know how to remove my vaccum hoses... And what are they used for, Also if i remove them will it effect performance ect... These are the quetions that i need answered, lol.. :suspect:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Here are some pics of mine. Half of the hoses that are there are only to plug off un needed vaccume sources on the intake. When I get the time and money, the dizzy will be gone also which will get rid of two more hoses.

No black box.

Rich, do you have any FI intakes from UK? They don't have as many vaccume ports to plug... right?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have an aftermarket ECU that comes as a DIY kit. I had to solder all the components to a circuit board. All the instructions are on line.
_______________HERE______________
http://www.megamanual.com/index.html
The MAP sensor is located on the ECU circuit board, not under the hood. So along with all the wiring, you have to run a vaccume line to it also.

Here are some cell phone pics I took when I was building and testing it.

You can see that the "black box" was still there before I got everything setup. It's under the wiring harness.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Were did the turbo & innercooler & header's come from. How many mile's does your motor have on it. Is it rebuilt. Thoes are good pics but they seem a littel dark. Can't see the turbo & header's all that good. What you got in the mega squit is there a part number for our applacation. I hate to asking so many quistion's but like what you are doing. Im sure you got lot of money sweat and blood in your project. You are doing what i would like to some day. I need a lot of direction. It will be killer to see a pics of the whole car. Have a good one later.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Were did the turbo & innercooler & header's come from. How many mile's does your motor have on it. Is it rebuilt. Thoes are good pics but they seem a littel dark. Can't see the turbo & header's all that good. What you got in the mega squit is there a part number for our applacation. I hate to asking so many quistion's but like what you are doing. Im sure you got lot of money sweat and blood in your project. You are doing what i would like to some day. I need a lot of direction. It will be killer to see a pics of the whole car. Have a good one later.
Just about everything for our cars has to be custom made, or modified from a part for another car. The turbo setup was origionally for a B18, but I have a friend who works at a muffler shop that modified the header and downpipe for me.
The car has 124000 miles but I rebuilt the engine, It only has about 40 miles on it.
There is no application guide for MS. The same ECU that is on my 4 cilinder could easily be used to run any motor up to a V12.
It hasn't been real expensive to build because I'm a DIYer, and because I have friends who share their skills. For example, if I were to have had the header custom made it would have cost between $500 and $700. Having a friend with welding skills saved me like $400 just on the header. I rebuilt the motor for about $300 in parts, I have a friend that works at a parts house also. When I checked price on a long block A20A3 it was like $1200, so I saved like $900 there. All total I've only put about $3500 into my lude so far, but it has taken about 2 years. Patience pays off in the end though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just about everything for our cars has to be custom made, or modified from a part for another car. The turbo setup was origionally for a B18, but I have a friend who works at a muffler shop that modified the header and downpipe for me.
The car has 124000 miles but I rebuilt the engine, It only has about 40 miles on it.
There is no application guide for MS. The same ECU that is on my 4 cilinder could easily be used to run any motor up to a V12.
It hasn't been real expensive to build because I'm a DIYer, and because I have friends who share their skills. For example, if I were to have had the header custom made it would have cost between $500 and $700. Having a friend with welding skills saved me like $400 just on the header. I rebuilt the motor for about $300 in parts, I have a friend that works at a parts house also. When I checked price on a long block A20A3 it was like $1200, so I saved like $900 there. All total I've only put about $3500 into my lude so far, but it has taken about 2 years. Patience pays off in the end though.
Damn bro... I myself am basically doing a rebuild for my engine in only has 100,000 something mile but for an 85 that aint bad at all! So i am getting my head takin in and re-worked so that will add a ll more horsepower! I am also prob gonna swap out the pistons and and replace all that. But man is it a pain in the A$$ lol... I just need to find the time to get the shit done so i can start driving my lude again! haha but then i am going to be doing exterior mods, paint ect....

·
Registered
194 Posts
mikes87lude-are you using the oem cam in your turbo setup? I have a colt stage1 tri-flow and Mr. Bardell said that it worked well with forced induction since the intake lobes are staggered out (260prim, 270second), thus less overlap supposedly. whats your take on that?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
wow thats amazing

·
Registered
754 Posts
113 thousand original miles baby yeah... only problem all the rust

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
mikes87lude-are you using the oem cam in your turbo setup? I have a colt stage1 tri-flow and Mr. Bardell said that it worked well with forced induction since the intake lobes are staggered out (260prim, 270second), thus less overlap supposedly. whats your take on that?
Yes, still stock.... That is the cam I plan on getting. I've just had my money, and time tied up in other things. Haven't had a chance to send the core in for regrind yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts