Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since everyone who lives in the area appears to live sheltered lives and couldn't come up with one recommendation, I finally found a spot after a lot of google and phone calls.
For future reference if anyone needs a custom exhaust, please go to Auto Muffler King in Newport news and ask for Keven.
They have everything for aluminized (?) covered and if you want stainless, they can tig it. Welds look fantastic. I can easily tell that Keven and the other people working there take pride in what they do and they dish out a high quality product.
I had 3" stainless tubing, they don't bend it, so make sure you have your 90s or whatnot covered before coming in.

http://www.automufflerking.com/

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
So they did the mockup and welding?

What's their rate.

I'm not sure if you got the info or if I sent it, sorry if I didn't, but the welding shop I go to charges 40 an hour but they don't have car lifts, so you would have to bring it to them mocked up.

Glad to hear you got your setup sorted out.

Next time your in the area I'd like to check your setup out.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They had a lift, did the mockup and the welding.
They also cut me an aluminum plate for my rywire harness going through my footwell and are going to be making me an intake when I go back to get my exhaust finished.

Didn't ask their rate but it was extremely reasonable, especially for the quality.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There used to be a performance/race shop on Route 17 in Yorktown, VA called Race Prep Motorsports (R.P.M.) Pretty top-notch shop that had their Porsche featured in a few races Speed Channel had covered years back. They shut down the shop that was across from Sims Metal (near Wal Mart) and had moved north up 17 a bit near Ft. Eustis Blvd. I see the Porsche out from time to time (as well as their sick ass FD RX-7) but I don't know if the shop is still in business tho

I was also thinking about getting a local shop to weld me up a custom exhaust and intake. Thinking buy my own aftermarket tip and cat, then have them weld it all together. Let me know how they both work out for you and some pics would be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts