Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
smoked v6 mustang today.my pleasure. I swear you buy a honda and everybody wants a go at you. I made sure i gave him a good dusting, burnout and all:evil smile:

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
The early-mid 90's v6 mustangs are a joke, a 140hp v6 and an extremely long rear axle ratio.
They run the 1/4 in ~16.5, compared to our ~16.2, according to the official stats in both cases.

With a better rear end (shorter ratio), they would smoke us something fierce, 240ish ft-lbs of torque and rwd is nice :p

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
dude...listen up noobs, lol. there is a STREET RACING SECTION just for this stuff. sall good though, you guys prolly didn't know that...good kill yo!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks For The Props. 97 Convertible Stang, Sounded 5speed. The Next Kill Will Be In The Right Spot Next Time, Sorry.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
im surprised that stang didnt pop a head gasket racing you lmao. they actually have a recall on all 90's stangs now cuz they blow hg's so often. well, at least the 92-96 v6 stangs that i know of lol

·
Not a Dude.
926 Posts
when I had one, it kept bending rods. It was a 95' Had 6 engines in 9 months. The Ford dealer had the rep out from Ford many of times. They never did find out why it was not lasting any longer than about 3k miles. I would have a rental car for weeks at a time. It was the single worst car I have ever owned. I bought my 1st 3g a month after buying my mustang, because it was always in the shop, and I hated Metro rental cars. Its a good thing I bought the Ford extended warranty :eek:) MY 3g easily beat my V6 mustang every time.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
motoxxxman said:
im surprised that stang didnt pop a head gasket racing you lmao. they actually have a recall on all 90's stangs now cuz they blow hg's so often. well, at least the 92-96 v6 stangs that i know of lol
The 3.8l engine they used has been around since 82'. Its know for blowing head gaskets. If you abuse the motor ,it'll pop around 80k like clockwork.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
N/Apower said:
Yes, the 3.8L pops headgaskets like a highschool girl does bubblegum.
so you're telling me the SHO taurus was a POS?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
the ford taurus sho had a kawasaki motor in them i do believe...and not all 3.8 motors from ford were shit...look at the thunderbird sc it was a 3.8 supercharged motor...i have had mine for 4 years now and it has almost 190k on a stock motor and other than a fuel pump, thermostat, battery, and starter it is stock besides the fluids...that means the hg is stock to so it must just be the mustangs cause mine has 190k and has yet to go

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
you learn something every day...I just know that everyone I've known who ever had an SHO talked about how bulletproof that 6 was.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
jdawgs92ludesi said:
the ford taurus sho had a kawasaki motor in them i do believe...and not all 3.8 motors from ford were shit...look at the thunderbird sc it was a 3.8 supercharged motor...i have had mine for 4 years now and it has almost 190k on a stock motor and other than a fuel pump, thermostat, battery, and starter it is stock besides the fluids...that means the hg is stock to so it must just be the mustangs cause mine has 190k and has yet to go
The sc motor dosen't count. Your your talking about a motor with titienum *sp pistons. Very different beast.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good kill. V6 Mustangs were a joke up until the new ones, now that they have the 4.0 V6, good for low 15's. Not bad considering they used to be 16/17 second wonders.

As for SHO's, nope, no 3.8 for them, and not built by Kawasaki. They were designed entirely by Yamaha, actually, and are completely different beasts than the Ford 3.8's. MUCH more HP and a great revver. The SHO will rev to 7k RPMs before redlining. The engine itself can actually be revved to around 9k consistantly but its the accessories around it that can't handle it, not the engine itself. They also have dual stage intake runners, making for a quiet drive around town until you hit 4k RPMs and the secondary butterflies open up, making for an exhaust note that's unlike any you've ever heard. You can definitely hear the Japanese in it, and it's an amazing exhaust note.

Also, they CAN be bullet proof if you maintain them well. Every 60k miles there's a basic service you should perform on them to keep them happy. If you beat on them and keep up proper maintenance, they'll keep coming back for more without an argument. If you deny maintenance, then they'll show their finicky side. The difference between a healthy 14 second SHO and a 16 second slug of an SHO lies only in simple maintenance.

(More than you probably ever wanted to know about SHO's...you may now resume bashing the V6 Mustang)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
only the mustang 3.8 sucked not all of the 3.8s that ford made....the 3.8 that went into the thunderbirds is a beat especially the ones that went into the thunderbird scas i stated earlier...hell i have raced many of mustang gts 4.6 and 5.0 and smoked them in my 3.8 tbird sc with almost 190k on a pure stock motor basically that includes a stock headgasket

1 - 20 of 24 Posts