Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i want to know if any on has seen this done and what you think of it or if you haven't what you think of the idea of it and how would you go about doing it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's been done. Took a while, I think someone used a Taurus SHO engine. It was cool because it was original and custom, power wise it only made like 200hp if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ive seen the accord v6 put in a 5th gen before... kinda pointless unless you just wanna do something diff

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
pointless?????

Id love to see a v6 in a prelude. Maybe an engine from an 04-08 TL

260Hp + A Buttload of torque + 6spd + a prelude = something sure to be sinister.

The TL 6 speed runs 14.4, A FREAKING 14.4!!!!! And thats stock and heavy 4 door sedan

Imagine what a TL motor with bolt ons and a tune would do in a lightweight prelude. Sure to be in mid 13s. Plus the tourqe would make street driving a hell of a lot more enjoyable. And the TL v6 sounds amazing

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
i wanted to put an accord v6 in my 3rd gen. too much fabrication and shit. not worth the time and money to me.

·
You myron?
1,540 Posts
Anythings possible whe you have money. Hasport made J mounts for civics, I emailed them a while ago about j mounts for ludes because I also though a TL-S swap would be perfect for ludes, they said they were under development but don't expect anything soon especially with the economy like this.

·
Registered
209 Posts
pointless?????

Id love to see a v6 in a prelude. Maybe an engine from an 04-08 TL

260Hp + A Buttload of torque + 6spd + a prelude = something sure to be sinister.

The TL 6 speed runs 14.4, A FREAKING 14.4!!!!! And thats stock and heavy 4 door sedan

Imagine what a TL motor with bolt ons and a tune would do in a lightweight prelude. Sure to be in mid 13s. Plus the tourqe would make street driving a hell of a lot more enjoyable. And the TL v6 sounds amazing
That would be sick.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
lol TL motor in a lude with a six speed would be nasty.........

·
Registered
581 Posts
a v6 in the lude would be cool to see but it would have to be the TL-S engine or, if someones feelin really ambitious, the one from the NSX

the accord v6 only makes 200 hp and im almost certain thats at the crank so that puts it on par w/ the ludes whp and its heavier w/ the auto trans. so it would be pretty much useless and too expensive to go through w/ it.

besides, ive driven a v6 accord and i could tell the first time i got on it that my lude was faster by a pretty good margin.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yep that's me, I did a V6 in my 4g, I drove it everyday to work for 5k miles, I decided to boost it, the plan is to finish that this month, will have updates soon

·
3,589 Posts
Yep that's me, I did a V6 in my 4g, I drove it everyday to work for 5k miles, I decided to boost it, the plan is to finish that this month, will have updates soon
pics or it didnt happen. this would have caused a stirr on prelude power and there hasnt been much of a stirr about a v6 lude.

post pics or gtfo!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
3,589 Posts
holy shit!!! you crazy bastard!! mad props to you man! im speechless.

·
3,589 Posts
damn that made my day. thanks junit. you gotta love the sound of a v6!

i love the color of that civic. freaking sexy!!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
They put them in civics and 6th gen accord bays are sorta similar to 5th gens....... J32A2 wouuld be sweet. Search Honda-Tech theres a good thread on this. No one did it but they were talking about it.

Here you go: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1887794

1 - 20 of 26 Posts