1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Sell the turbo and buy a T3? (i think thats a T3 manifold, not positive though)

That'd be by far the easy way to do it.

Failing that, take a 1" plate of steel and drill sunken bolt holes (to get the bolt head under the plane of the plate, so they don't poke up) to fit one side, then do the same for the other, and carve a hole through the middle that changes shape to fit. It'd be a pretty serious pain in the ass, but possible.

Then bolt it to the turbo, bolt the manifold on the car, and bolt the plate/turbo to the manifold.

That'd work assuming you have an inch to spare between turbo and radiator.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually was in the process of doing just that. but. i would have to tap a studs in on both sides and the flange ont the turbo is also tapped, so i was thinking of drilling out the taps and putting a nut on ither side but there isnt enough room for nuts id have to grind into the housing and thats not what i want to do.

My new plan of attack now is to get a t3 flange, and a circular flange with a hole in the middle and the holes that line up to the studs on the turbo. then welding a 90 deg piece of 2 inch pipe to it and filling in the holes around the pipe on the t3 flange.

it will look like this (sorry i quickly drew it in paint)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/playboyesq/adapter.jpg

·
Premium Member
16,784 Posts
I hate to say bro, but you are better off selling that Turbo and buying a T3. Bought a T3 but I had some issues with the manifold and after all my searching, just came to conclusion, sell it and get a T25.

It will save you more time and money, than trying to make your idea work right and make it fit in the engine bay with the angle you are trying to adapt that Turbo too.:|

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ugh i know but getting rid of an audi turbo is so hard...and its even harder finding a fairly priced t3 t4 or even a t3

·
Premium Member
16,784 Posts
playboyesq said:
ugh i know but getting rid of an audi turbo is so hard...and its even harder finding a fairly priced t3 t4 or even a t3
What about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Garrett-Airesearch-T3-TURBO-Acura-Honda-Nissan_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8058881891QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting

Its $194.00 after shipping. I bought my T3 from these guys and I was happy with the Turbo, in good shape for the price. I just decided to go to a smaller turbo for my setup.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o dont even want to deal with that exhaust flange man thats even shittier then the one i got. ive emailed a guy online who has a rebuilt t3 with internal gate on it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
where is the need help forum. somebody...anybody

·
Registered
215 Posts
sorry, i just have a delima between my baby(the lude) and a supra and i needed a second opinion

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do it else were plz and thanx. if its a 94 up supra trade the lude or buy it but if it aint the new body style. (like fast and the furious) i wouldnt try it i hate all other supras except that.. there is my 2 cents...ne how where were we?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
about the adapter.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes well im currantly looking for a t3 or a t3/t4 turbo. if all you guys could help me out it would be cool. if you hear or come across a t3 or t3/t4 turbo can you let me know. Im trying to get one with obviously a standard t3 inlet flange on the turbine. and it would be nice to get one without one of those stupid flange inlets on the compressor. it would be nice to get it with an internal waste gate and last but not least .50 a/r on the turbine side.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pfft...um max 500 CAD im hooked up right now with a dude that has a mercedes t3...not too sure what it looks like right this second because i havent seen pics yet..i hope its what i want. but ya im not sure what 500 CAD is in USD but there are conversion things online.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
I just so happen to have a (used)AirResearch T3 (.42/.48), it does not have an internal wastegate however.
It has some (not much) side to side shaft play, not enough to allow rubbing however.
It has no end to end play whatsoever.

PM me if your interested, i got it cheap and changed my mind before using it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts