Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question and I’m only asking because I’ve heard so many varying answers… Does anyone know if there will be an issue with using the JDM ATTS on my type s swap h22a that I currently have my USDM ATTS attached to? I am currently running the USDM ECU for the motor so I had to do the dizzy swap and oil pump swap to make it work. As for the ATTS I am currently using my old USDM ATTS and the USDM ATTS brain for it because Steve from H-motorsonline told me that the JDM ATTS was slightly different and would not work (extra solenoid?).

However my swap actually came with the JDM ATTS brain so I was wondering if I could swap over the JDM ATTS brain and the JDM ATTS unit over that if it may work.

I am only asking this because the other day I noticed my USDM ATTS on my car now was leaking heavily, after further inspection I realized that the housing has a huge crack going across the length of it and a nice chip where something nailed it on the road causing it to leak like crazy. The only thing making me doubt the possibility of the JDM ATTS unit working or not is if the Engine ECU and the ATTS ECU are interconnected somehow, I know the boxes are separate units but I didn’t know if they communicated with each other in some manner (So I didn’t know if it would be possible to use the USDM Engine ECU and the JDM ATTS Brain), I have to run the USDM Ecu for my emissions otherwise I would’ve just went all JDM.

Anyone have any experience with this?

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
The Type S has "Active-Control ABS". Other than that, the tranny/ATTS should be the same. Here is a description: "The Japanese S model's ABS utilizes the ATTS' yaw-rate and lateral-acceleration sensors, and its electronic control unit interacts with the ATTS ECU, providing active braking control."

Use your USDM ECU and USDM ATTS Control Module and see what happens. I don't see why they wouldn't work.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Type S has "Active-Control ABS". Other than that, the tranny/ATTS should be the same. Here is a description: "The Japanese S model's ABS utilizes the ATTS' yaw-rate and lateral-acceleration sensors, and its electronic control unit interacts with the ATTS ECU, providing active braking control."

Use your USDM ECU and USDM ATTS Control Module and see what happens. I don't see why they wouldn't work.
Thanks for the info, that is interesting. I wasn't aware the type s had a different ABS that behaved like that. I suppose I might as well give it a go since I already have it sitting in my garage. I have nothing to lose except for the time, if it doesn't work out anyways.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The active abs is a different abs ecu that feeds off the atts system.
The jdm atts ecu should be identical to usdm. Compare the part numbers.
I have deleted my atts but the active abs still works however the atts ecu is still installed in mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts