Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Ok, whoever wrote #150...LMAO...a little carried away but funny.
Yours truly, lol. :smilejap:

Who else would be that carried away? Haha:tongue2:

Here's another one:

Whenever you're supposed to go somewhere nice, you walk outside to leave nice and early only to realize that your car is dirty and it's just gotta be clean before you go(even if no one else is even gonna see it), so you take 30 mins. washing and drying it, and show up late anyway....:turn:

·
Registered
189 Posts

Whenever you're supposed to go somewhere nice, you walk outside to leave nice and early only to realize that your car is dirty and it's just gotta be clean before you go(even if no one else is even gonna see it), so you take 30 mins. washing and drying it, and show up late anyway....:turn:
I was late for Prom because of that lol

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Who else would be that carried away? Haha:tongue2:

Here's another one:

I do that shit even if its dark outside:tongue2:

·
Hardly Ever There
662 Posts
It should be. e.e I would fix that, but I cannot.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
here's a few more I thought of as I read this again:

- BMW owners laugh at you when you ask them if they'd ever shave off their badges too.

- When choosing appearance mods, Cleanliness is next to Godliness!

- You buy Tein S-Techs because every other 5th gen owner swears by them

- You get ridiculed by other 5th gen owners if you put on lowering springs without also swapping to aftermarket shocks!

- You complain about inner tire wear on your lowered 5th gen and want Camber kits but don't feel like buying them and having the car realigned....so you just keep buying more tires!

·
Hardly Ever There
662 Posts
Haha on the last one. I'm so hesitant about that. I'm probably gonna save up and just get the full set-up with camber kit when I do drop the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
72. you SPEED UP to exit the freeway.

111. you take first gear to just before vtec, let it sit for a second, and then floor it to feel the vtec surge
112. you pass people as an excuse to feel the vtec kick in

120. you are in the right lane you move over to the left and speed up to stay with a passing prelude.
121. you are in the left lane you move over to the right and slow down to stay with a passed prelude

137. you can actually tell some one what vtec stands for word for word

149. you find yourself taking more drives with no destination than those with one
150. you drive around the parking lot a few times, even trying out a few places, until you find the perfect spot. You know, that one right where everyone can see it so people are less likely to mess with it, but far enough away someone isn't likely to park next to you and ding your doors and whatnot, preferably with a curb on one side, so you can squeeze right up next to it so you KNOW your doors won't get dinged. Or sometimes you wanna park in certain place b/c of other cars you see. Like, right up there by that S2k, or SL, or M3 or whatever. Or if you see some ricers, just a few spots away so your car can make fun of them but they won't be standing all next to it when they come out. And when you try to decide whether to park it right in front so everyone can see it or farther back where its a bit safer. I have no problem walking half a mile to get in the mall if it means I get a safe spot. Or when you're in a restaurant, you make sure to park it up close and ask for a spot by the window so you can look at it while you wait for your food. Or how you simply refuse to drive it to busy, congested things like football games. Or how you've always gotta back in so there's absolutely no chance of someone hitting you as you back out, and so everyone doesn't check out your baby's hot ass

166. Whenever you're supposed to go somewhere nice, you walk outside to leave nice and early only to realize that your car is dirty and it's just gotta be clean before you go(even if no one else is even gonna see it), so you take 30 mins. washing and drying it, and show up late anyway

^^ME all over!

Dude, this is awesome!

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
You know you've got a 5th gen when everyone wants to ride in your car but you convince someone else to drive b/c your car is so small. Then when everyone's getting in the larger vehicle, you casually nod at your buddy/cute girl/etc. and drive anyway with just that one passenger cuz that's what you really wanted to do anyway...

You know you drive a 5th gen when your passenger asks about VTEC (or in my case, SH or ATTS) and you start to explain it to them, only to stop b/c you realize they don't have a clue what you're saying, so you make up something real simple, like, "Honda-san's ghost magically guides my car through the corners", or maybe that's just me...

Whenever someone leaves something in their car, you offer to go get it for them just for an excuse to go out to the parking lot and check on your baby.

All your friends think your psycho b/c you freak out whenever someone as much as brushes against any part of your car's exterior other than the underside of the door handles.

:D

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
You know you're a 5th gen Luder when the term "retro" doesn't evoke any form of automotive nostalgia whatsoever, all it does is make you think of a set of headlights that you've just gotta have. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
- You complain about inner tire wear on your lowered 5th gen and want Camber kits but don't feel like buying them and having the car realigned....so you just keep buying more tires!
I don't get this one...wouldn't the camber kit + alignment be cheaper than the incremental tire wear?

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
^ yea point was a lot of 5th genners are procrastinators...that's why some of you keep saying "I need to get my timing belt changed" and still haven't done it. ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
You know your a 5th gen driver if.....
The girl you've been going out with for years breaks up with you and your best friend calls you up and asks if its true and, unfazed, you say:
"No, she's still in the driveway." :turn:

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
You know your a 5th gen driver if.....
The girl you've been going out with for years breaks up with you and your best friend calls you up and asks if its true and, unfazed, you say:
"No, she's still in the driveway." :turn:
:lol: Funny, because my girl has told me that she thinks I like my cars more than her sometimes. :evil smile:

·
Registered
593 Posts
29. All your guy friends poke fun and say you got a "chick car"
30. 10 minutes later your showing them what this so called "chick car" can really do.

LOL! chick car my A$$! they chicken out when you tell them lets race

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just got bored and thought this is a great thread and it would be nice to update and put it all down on one so you dont have to keep sifting through. Originally started by irolllow-

You might own a fifth-generation Honda Prelude if...

71. you drive a buddy's car and take corners way too fast
my favorite one by far...
one time my friend let me drive his 01 saturn L coupe, and i almost slammed a tree sliding around a corner i take easily at 40-50 mph in the lude. the only car ive ever driven that matched the prelude handling was my friend's dad's bmw 330ci.

·
Registered
593 Posts
You know you own a fith gen if....
you spend too much time surfing the net for parts for your lude.

I just admitted my problem but i found out im not the only one. If its already in the list ignore me:cheers:.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts