Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
thats nice!!! looks like a robotic 4 legged spider sticking out of the head, but its awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
fuckin sweet.

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Pardon me if this was answered already, but what size turbo is recommended for this manifold?

--J

·
Registered
359 Posts
does this mani also require for the intercooler to be mounted in the battery tray like the others?

but damn that looks good!
beautiful LSD

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
front mount intercooler is usable.

aknight said:
does this mani also require for the intercooler to be mounted in the battery tray like the others?

but damn that looks good!
beautiful LSD
Not at all, if you look at some of the pictures, you can see the silicone routed toward the driver side, you open that hole where the cooling lines originally were and you run piping right through there.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
that looks really nice!!! thanks for posting pics of the downpipe... looks great!!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
looks sweet, dont see it up for sale on the website yet but looks very sweet

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Very nice job guys, that's some good lookin work, I must say. I think I just pissed myself when I saw that. Now 3rd genners are gonna have some nice stuff soon, we're not alone anymore :)

Thanks for takin on the 3g's LSD :emthup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Manifold cleaning

Clean3rdGen said:
now are you going to clean up the inside of that manifold?
Of course, if you look closely at the manifold, you can see that it is not even full welded on runners 2 & 3. We always go through every manifold and clean the insides. They are also all surfaced and air blown before they are shipped. Anyone who has purchased a manifold from us recently can vouch for that.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
LSD Motorsports said:
Of course, if you look closely at the manifold, you can see that it is not even full welded on runners 2 & 3. We always go through every manifold and clean the insides. They are also all surfaced and air blown before they are shipped. Anyone who has purchased a manifold from us recently can vouch for that.
yeah thats what i was noticing. I didnt know if this was going to be your finished product or not (didnt mean to judge your quality so fast). I like the work tho my man. I was sick of seeing these luders get log manifolds. I'd make the whole forum ram horn manifolds for free if I had the time. :) Keep up the good work and thanks for serving the 3rd generation prelude community.

J

·
0 Posts
price? and can you do anythinga bout that PS line, it has been known to catch fire.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jackedup said:
price? and can you do anythinga bout that PS line, it has been known to catch fire.
Thus the additional layer of heat wrap. We will be running the car for a good hour with the manifold on there and see if we run into any issues. There is a fair amount of space between the runners and the line and with a 2nd layer of heat wrap (non flammable) we should be safe.

J

·
0 Posts
its not a matter of it being flamable.

its a matter that the amount of heat generated by a turbo manifold and cahrger are enough to pop the line.

dosnt matter if the heatwrap is non flamable, the ps fluid is

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
ummm, the heatwrap lowers the temperature......and when were talking an underhood fire, the less flammable things under there the better.

J

·
0 Posts
congradulations clean. i know that asshat.

its still a concern due to the extreme heat a turbo produces along with its clearence.

its nearly touching it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts