Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
wow, rubbiing on wax by hand?? i wonder how many hours he put into that one car?
and how much longer it would take to do his 61 step detail!!

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
shit, i have competition. :lol: man that makes my detailing look like a simple task... And when he means that most wheel cleaners are acid ,hes right. The wheel cleaner we use has citric acid ( which burns like a bitch if you get it in a cut) and if used on a non clear coated alloy wheel, will form a thick layer on top of the wheel that has to be buffed out. This happens mainly on Eagly Alloy wheels (funny its the main wheel that gets messed up by ALLOY wheel cleaner :lol:) He takes buffing part waaaay too far too, but i would too when youre dealing with cars that nice, but only to take to car shows, not to drive around. Wax that lasts 6 months!?!?! id love some of that, most waxes last like a week. That guy is indeed crazy, and not sure on the ultimate detailer, some of meguiars guys are amazing, and there are some painters like the house of kolors painters that can do wonders. Along with Chip Foose, there really isnt anything he cant do with a car.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Fudge, that's pretty crazy, i thought i spent too much cleaning a car.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
youre not suppose to really. The soap can dry up quickly and you'll have to re-spray the car to get the soap off, and sometimes have to buff off the soap but i doubt that you'd need to.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I'm not that nuts, but it takes a good 8 hours for my process to be completed:

wash
alcohol rub
wash
clay bar
wash
polish
wax
detailing spray

And that's just the outside. My room is an absolute mess though...

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
CADster said:
direct sunlight..

in Britain ?

:lol:

;)
The sun did shine today!

Briefly!

Now I feel like my car is never ever going to be "clean" ever!

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
i like the part at the end when it says that most of his client's calls are when a bird shits on their car, and he hops in his van and goes to clean it off for them right away.

and for the guy who sits at his car and stares at it while sipping wine, well, yesterday i spent almost 7 hours cleaning my lude, and when i was done i spent about 2 doing staring at it...altough it was yuengling i was sipping on lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts