Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
redludesh said:
If so how did you do it?? Any help with intake manifold removal on an SH would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :)
first thing to do is remove your gas cap to relieve the fuel pressure because you will be removing the injectors and fuel rail.

Remove the intake and air box.

removal on an SH is a tad bit harder than on a base model. The oil filter is right in the way.

Remove the connectors for IAT located here:

Map (top) and TPS (bottom) here:

There is a black box under the intake manifold that you will need to take the connector off as well

then take off the IACV connector (may be easier to just unbolt it from the IM) and the wiring harness/clips for the injectors.

Remove the coolant lines from the Fast Idle (located under the throttle body. Remember which hose goes where.

Now start removing the vacuum hoses. REMEMBER WHERE THEY GO. It may be best for you to label them. Each hose has numbers on them like 13, 15...etc. Write them down, do what you have to so that you remember where each one goes.

Now you need to remove the fuel rail and injectors. Take off the 3 nuts that hold the fuel rail to the mounts. Slowly pull the fuel rail off the studs. There are plastic-like seals where the injectors go into the IM and they will fall out very easily.

I have found it easier to take the IM out if you take the top portion of it off. its just a couple bolts/nuts and it pops right off.

Next you are going to need to remove the nuts on the underside of the intake manifold. The best way to do that is by getting under the car. It likely that you will need to remove the oil filter in order to access the IM nuts. Anyway, take the bottom nuts off, then take the top nuts off. There is a bracket that goes from the firewall to the bottom of the intake manifold. One bolt holds that bracket to the manifold. Remove it.

this should get you to the point to where you can take everything off. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya it's the under the car part I'm worried about, I was under an SH on a lift and you can't see a thing involving the Intake manifold from underneath. Has anyone with an SH actually done this without removing the ATTS???
So far all I can find is people with Bases that have removed there's.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
redludesh said:
Ya it's the under the car part I'm worried about, I was under an SH on a lift and you can't see a thing involving the Intake manifold from underneath. Has anyone with an SH actually done this without removing the ATTS???
So far all I can find is people with Bases that have removed there's.
you can do it without taking atts off. Just gotta do what you gotta do to get to the nuts.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
man its hard. I got as far as...... well... no where before I took it to a shop to take it off for me. I damn near cut my finger off trying to get the IM off. Good luck with that man! your braver than me if you complete this. I hope you got some good tools. I know I didn't.

2.2L Thats some good instructions right there. didn't think you cared much for SH :inlove:

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
TopEndLude said:
man its hard. I got as far as...... well... no where before I took it to a shop to take it off for me. I damn near cut my figure off trying to get the IM off. Good luck with that man! your braver than me if you complete this. I hope you got some good tools. I know I didn't.

2.2L Thats some good instructions right there. didn't think you cared much for SH :inlove:
its just like taking an IM off a base, cept you gotta do things a little differently since the filter and atts unit are in the way. Its a bitch to take off even on a base model, but only cuz its timing consuming.

Taking the IM off is prolly gonna be my least favorite part of the ITB install.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have access to pretty much a full shop load of tools, anything crazy that I may need that can be recommended will be greatly appreciated. Like odd size of socket or crazy extensions etc.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
bump this thing I gotta do this job soon myself. I know from all the threads that its gonna be a real pita. but u gotta do what u gotta do. as for the crazy tools what do u suggest we use. extensions, flex sockets, etc.etc?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.