Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to this forum and Preludes as well. So here goes my little story/question. I had bought a 01 Prelude type SH a while ago which had the stock usdm motor (h22a4). It had taken a shit and I had gotten swapped an h23a (blue top). Trying to get bolt-ons or parts in general. When looking for parts how do I know which one to get exactly? When asked, "Is it the base model or type SH?" I obviously say type SH since that's the actual model of the car. When looking for bolt-ons (exhaust, headers etc) how do I know which one to get? Base or type SH? I'm asking here because I put type SH in which car to look for, for the parts and it always refers to the h22. I was looking for an exhaust system and it said this, "SH model has a longer length header. Our mid-pipe will be too long to fit on the SH, so you will need to cut and remove about 4 inches of pipe from our resonator mid-pipe to fit. Cut out 4 inches and re-weld the flange. Bends are the same" How or when do I ask/look for the right part(s). Sorry if this sounds confusing... Please help! Thank you again for those to help out and reply to this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the world of Preludes lol. If I recall correctly, the extra length for the exhaust header was just a Type SH thing - since you have an H23A swap, you should be able to get base model exhausts for the H22 and have it fit (correct me if I'm wrong). As far as suspension goes, that's a whole different ballgame. Ball joints and control arms are slightly different so you'll need to get Type SH specific parts for that. CV axles should be the same as base model since your engine/trans combination is no longer Type SH with the ATTS system.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is as you say, the SH header is about 4" longer. I recently bought a Yonaka exhaust and cut 4" off and used a O'Reilly clamp to splice it. Super simple and easy and it works great. However it was a bit loud for me so I put the stock midpipe back on and fit the Yonaka axelback onto that. It sounds great!

Here are a few videos I made about this:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts