Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So I'm about 99% sure my TW Sensor is going and needs to be replaced. I've dealt with most all other possible causes like the main relay, iac etc. and the problem is definitely still engine temperature dependant. Also getting code 6 from ecu.

The main question I have is do I have to lower the coolant level to replace it, or can I get by just replacing it with the car cool? Its just that I'm in an underground parking lot now so I can't do major/dirty repairs. The ludes about due for a coolant flush anyways so I could just get honda to put it all in at the same time if I have to.

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
267 Posts
My car had a slight hot start problem for the longest time... No check engine light or anything. I replaced that thing and now the car starts right up and I gained 6 mpg!! You dont have to drain any coolant to change it, but make sure that the wires on top of the sensor arent broken. Ive never seen a tw sensor plug in good condition haha.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow if I really can just swap it in you just made my day! Yes it's the most annoying problem and its only been amplified by moving to vancouver, where i now have to idle in traffic a lot more, I had to cool off in an alleyway downtown because I had to keep the engine rpms around 2000 at stop lights cuz the lude starts flooding out when the sensor defaults off and it has to idle warmed up. Hope it also helps with the 2500 rpm stutter on acceleration

My ludes also getting what i thought was great mileage but if it gets even better that'd be unreal. Best I got highway driving was 6.8 L/100km, in the city Im closer to 8.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solved!

Just to close this thread out, got the part in on thursday, swapped it in, didn't fix anything. :(

UNITL! reset the ECU. Ludes running amazing again, I was getting pretty depressed after the first test drive and it was idling like shit still and flooding out.

My fuel pump was still running hard but after resetting the ecu the idle is rock solid and the 3000 rpm stutter is gone and the fuel pumps quieted back down. This is the best its ever run.

Big thanks to the forum once again

·
Registered
237 Posts
What else you change beside TW sensor?
and where is located??

I am now suffer leaking master cylinder and whole other trouble.....getting this done might help me a bit for whatever crazy things running under my engine hood.:wzbigcry:

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
hey thomas if u need anything let me know i got lots of parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts