Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the other 2-3 threads and post's that were made a while back as a guide to do this myself but then went to take my relay out and noticed it is in fact the white lettered relay not the "blue" like it needs to be, so i got the part number and even a good picture of the blue writing relay and brought it to my honda dealership and ordered one....143$(canada FTL) and opened the bag and that one is also white lettered! Does anyone know the proper way to do this with a couple good pics with a white lettered turn signal relay? I even went and bought and have the proper potentialmeter, wires, soldering gun and station plus flux and all that good stuff waiting : (. ordered about 400$ worth of high end LED's to literally do the entire inside and out of the car everything LED and didn't want to go the resist or route since i already have my JDM fender lights tapped into my turn signals/bumper lights and i'd rather not tap more stuff into it and it just looks messier. Sodering is zero issue for me at all, i've been doing it on a lot smaller stuff like motherboard capacitors in college for my computer course i just need to see the two places i have to solder the wire onto for the potentional meter.

Weird part is, I also ordered 4 50 watt 6 ohm resistors just incase worst case I have to use them and i did try doing the two front's and they still hyper blinked : (

TLDR: looking for a guide/writeup to do this with the "white" lettered turn signal relays if possible.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the relay issue taken care of! since i am currently over 5000km away from newfoundland at the moment working away in alberta my gf took the new white lettered relay back to order and the lady i normally deal with at the parts desk Was able to order in a blue one for me same part number just different brand. My only question is now guage wire did everyone use for this? I have both red and black 20ga and red and black 18ga at the house and does it matter which wire really goes to what side of the resistor/potential meter where the old resistor was on the turn signal relay? Thanks!

,Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts