Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2000 h22a. I wanted to get some opinions on turbo vs a sc. I want the car to be reliable, I drive it daily. I know turbos can tend to be unreliable if not done right. I don’t really want anymore than 300whp. Also could I run the sc on a stock block?

·
Administrator
6,550 Posts
I cannot believe I'm about to say this... after knowing that crab-ass for nearly 10 years now... this is the first time he's been right.

Stock is reliable. I would certainly drive a stock car more than my supercharged one. Boost is more for a fun weekend or nice day drive where a stock car is turn key and go.

You'll always have some form of issue when boosting a non originally boosted vehicle. And you'll always blame those issues on boosting said vehicle.

If you want power, a JRSC is not for you. Yes, you can run it on stock block but you will be pressed to make 300whp. For the money i've spent to get there myself, I could be making far more with a turbo setup. It is a fun drive, don't get me wrong. Boost can start as early as 2k rpm and the torque is instant, I can drive out of boost as if the car is bone stock and not burn through gas. However the gaskets on the charger itself tend to get oil soaked if you do not have a healthy motor, and take some time to replace. Belts are also an issue if you do not keep proper tension and change them every so often.

Turbo overall is a simpler setup to maintain. But initial installation you need an oil feed line ran and figuring out how to mount/run an intercooler setup.

Either way you will need to figure out what you will have it tuned with and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts