Honda Prelude Forum banner

Turbo Parts Continued...

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  lowproki 
#1 ·
Ok, Fellas! Here is the newest update to my Turbo build for the Lude. I just recieved it on Friday last week, but I was still working so did not get a chance to post it up till today.

We all know we like to see new stuff, so here is my custom www.LSDMotorsports.com T-25 Manifold and Downpipe which is 2.5".:)

There will be more updates to come like my Custom Intercooler from www.extremeintercoolers.com here in WA, which is roughly about three weeks from being built!! So Keep an eye out!:)

Enjoy!!!

Ok, for those of you who are goin to ask "Why two O2 Bung's??", It is because one will be for the 4 wire O2 conversion, and the second will be for a stand alone Wideband O2 for more accruate measures and Tuning. I am just getting things prepared for the future.

See less See more
#4 ·
Lude4ever said:
looks pretty nice.. that turbo is going to sit on a pretty big angle.. but i can totally relate because there really isn't that much room to fit things...believe me, i am trying...
The good thing is it was already test fitted on the car, so this is a completely bolt up situation, except for the other half of the downpipe, which will be welded up after everything is put on.

And thanks for the compliment Dany!

:)

#8 ·
motoxxxman said:
off to a great start, and good idea with the 2 o2 bungs. i knew that before even readin what you said about it lol.

with a t25, what boost do you plan on running?
I am going to run 7psi. I am going to be conservative due to I am going to be the first Automatic Turbo Charged 3rd Gen.

I need to test the car after it is all done and see how long it will handle the power. I am shooting for 180 to 200 max at the wheels. But I will be happy with whatever I can get out of this old! car, especially since it will be more than the 115hp stock.

It is a daily driver so I don't want to be over zealous with the boost and the new powerband the car will have.

One step at a time. One step at a time.:)

#11 ·
bgerk said:
Looks good! I'm curious as to the angle also. My 14B setup should be the same everything almost...but mine was able to fit on straight. for sure want to see pics attached.
Here it is actually on the car. These shot were downsized to upload to the web.

I will try to get better shots, but that will be later when I start install.

#12 ·
Ahh, I see...pictures make a difference. Hey, who says there is only one way to do things top a Prelude! I wont go there, u know what i mean :Rock: You will for sure have more room than me on your downpipe, tight fit on a filter though. Anyhow, looks good...keep it up!

#13 ·
CADster said:
what did all this set you back ?

looks great. very nice.
I paid $664.00 shipped for these two pieces, but remember, my setup is going to be stock friendly and A/C, and Powersteering compatible. Considering a local shop was goin to charge me $400.00 for the downpipe and $500.00 for the manifold, I got this relatively cheap, and made to my specs. I saved $236.00 going thru LSD

I worked with Mike at www.LSDMotorsports.com to have him make the manifold and downpipe for my setup as easy as possible since I will be installing everything myself.

It has been a slow going but definitley going foward with the project.

And thanks again for the nice comments!

#14 · (Edited)
1funryd said:
I paid $664.00 shipped for these two pieces, but remember, my setup is going to be stock friendly and A/C, and Powersteering compatible.
just like me. i would rather have a/c and cruise over turbo any day.
i will be keeping a close eye on your setup.

why is the turbo cantered like that ?
a/c stuff in the way ?

are they making the rest of your piping ?

also.. i found out over the weekend that carquest makes custom p/s lines. they will do it for any car. may be worth looking into for a better p/s line. im looking into this now.

#15 ·
My setup is going to be pretty much like Bgerk's setup. His setup is fairly easy to do.

The hardest thing to do I believe will be relocating the battery to the trunk to make space for my Custom side mount intercooler.

My intercooler is going to sit just like this except the inlet and outlet ports are going to be attached differently. Bgerk had a great idea here and I just made a slight improvement and I am using a Bar and Plate Core with slightly different size on the end tanks.

Here is a drawing of my setup:

This is why the Turbo is angled that way. It is a straight shot to the inlet port on the intercooler. And the outlet port will be lower and go behind the intercooler and shoot out toward the engine and then make its 90 degree bend toward the throttle body.

#17 ·
CADster said:
just like me. i would rather have a/c and cruise over turbo any day.
i will be keeping a close eye on your setup.

why is the turbo cantered like that ?
a/c stuff in the way ?

are they making the rest of your piping ?

also.. i found out over the weekend that carquest makes custom p/s lines. they will do it for any car. may be worth looking into for a better p/s line. im looking into this now.
Do you have to call to order the custom lines or is it online? I want to reroute my lines like Bgerk's cause that will free ups some space and eliminate any possiblity of overheating the lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.