Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have spent quite some time goin through all the turbo threads and what not and it has really help me understand more about turbos and you guys seem to know alot alot about them since some of yall have turbos..

Well i have decided to boost my 5th gen lude turbo it has 110,xxx miles on it and the head and block are completely stock. I am think of doing a power goal abt 250-325 somewhere in between

These are my ideas of turbos but i want to know which ones will be the best one to go with.
The Greddy full turbo kit bolt on
Garret t3/t40e package kit from peakboost.net only thing i need to know what else i need for the turbo like hose lines, ecu, etc..
my budget is lookin around 3-4K lmk whats the best way to go

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well i have spent quite some time goin through all the turbo threads and what not and it has really help me understand more about turbos and you guys seem to know alot alot about them since some of yall have turbos..

Well i have decided to boost my 5th gen lude turbo it has 110,xxx miles on it and the head and block are completely stock. I am think of doing a power goal abt 250-325 somewhere in between

These are my ideas of turbos but i want to know which ones will be the best one to go with.
The Greddy full turbo kit bolt on
Garret t3/t40e package kit from peakboost.net only thing i need to know what else i need for the turbo like hose lines, ecu, etc..
my budget is lookin around 3-4K lmk whats the best way to go
If you searched you would have already gotten a good idea of what to do, and wouldnt be asking these questions.. Search more.. its been covered.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
If you searched you would have already gotten a good idea of what to do, and wouldnt be asking these questions.. Search more.. its been covered.

Your being a douchebag brahh!!! Hes asking. asking isnt illegal. God knows i got alote to ask. Money didnt make me inteligent with the turbo shit, and either will it make him. Still got lots to learn.

Dude. I recomend a greddy kit. For those power goals. Low. GOod. Settle for a cheapo kit, then just upgrade to a tunable ecu, HONDATA s300. 3 inch dp and str8 pipe exhaust. 450cc injectors, and go from there. Dont be afraid to ask questions.

All these mods here need to focus on the flamers, because that ruins forums.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
seriously, IEAT, calm down man. this forum is for people with questions, he's asking a legitimate question that can't fully be found in a search.

normally i would say definitely go with the peakboost kit, or piece together your own kit.
BUT, you're on a budget of 3k-4k. soooo, strictly because of that, i would suggest going with the greddy kit or a turbonetics kit. with a proper tune, either of these will get you to about 250whp.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
NO YOU CALM DOWN! ha. I didnt think i was over zealous or mean about that.

/on topic.

Piece together your own kit. Look at what all the kit contains and find the same parts from company's that are preferred, or that you prefer. That will yield a better kit than just buying one.

Get a borg warner turbo.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts

Your being a douchebag brahh!!! Hes asking. asking isnt illegal. God knows i got alote to ask. Money didnt make me inteligent with the turbo shit, and either will it make him. Still got lots to learn.

Dude. I recomend a greddy kit. For those power goals. Low. GOod. Settle for a cheapo kit, then just upgrade to a tunable ecu, HONDATA s300. 3 inch dp and str8 pipe exhaust. 450cc injectors, and go from there. Dont be afraid to ask questions.

All these mods here need to focus on the flamers, because that ruins forums.
You go girl:flipa:

NO YOU CALM DOWN! ha. I didnt think i was over zealous or mean about that.

/on topic.

Piece together your own kit. Look at what all the kit contains and find the same parts from company's that are preferred, or that you prefer. That will yield a better kit than just buying one.

Get a borg warner turbo.
I rather have DBB over a journal.

But still a great turbo.

Just an fyi, spend money on the kit and gettin it tuned isnt the last of it.

Stuff breaks, oil leaks, gas goes, etc. Boosting your car is going to cost you more than 3-4 grand. Shit i spend $7500 on min e. Now i need a new clutch so thats gunna run me $350. I bought a skunk2 IM that ran me $260, and now i gotta get my Blox 70mm TB which runs me $205.

My point is if your on a budget right now i would highly recommend savings more money that way you can have room to work with.

Just the tune and ecu/tuning system is gunna run you about $1000.

As far as kits go greddy, turbonetics, rev hard(recommend) are all pretty decent kits.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I just really love the sound of the borg warner

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot guys well the 3-4k is what i have in hand as of right now.. so i really like the garret turbos.. but my problems is that idk exactly what the turbo needs if piecing my own kit like u know vaccum lines and all of that.. yea i understand the problems of turbo i have read alot abt it..
but like i was sayin the peakboost kit and the synapse turbo mani i can buy as of right now but i would need help on the other things that i will have to get

·
boosting in progress
169 Posts
i'm starting to put together a turbo my self (first one actualy) this is pretty much what you need for a turbo kit
turbocharger
wastegate
manifold
intercooler
intercooler pipe kit
downpipe
complete oil kit (return and supply for your turbocharger)
T-bolts
High flow air filter
blow off valve
form what ive read thats a pretty basic kit but if you want to do it right you will need mor things like boost control, high folw fuel ingectors, fuel pressure regulator,some type of fuel management (hondata) and a wideband is a good idea so you don't blow your motor. i might be missing some things but i'm still doing alot of research my self

this is a link to a site that'll sell you a basic kit for your ride
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=26&prodname=Prelude+H22+and+H23+Turbo+Kit.
i think this is for a H22

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
^On top of that I always recommend having....

1. Exhaust. 3"dp and back, you will need flanges and gaskets for that.
2. A good clutch. Stock won't last long at all. You can stick with the stock flywheel, but it will have to get machined.
3. Map sensor. There are many to choose from, but the stock one is only good up to 11psi, and if it spikes will cause the car to lean out up top. Also if you don't get it now and do it later, the tune has to be changed as well.
4. Wide band as mentioned, EGT is a good one, Boost guage, and oil pressure guage
5. Cold spark plugs. I recommend the NGK 8's race plug, part # 2660. They come pre gapped.
6. Performance radiator. If this is a daily, it will get hot, and believe me, you want one of these.
7. Slim fan to go with the radiator.

There is even more like catch cans, what kind of lines to use etc etc. It's when you really start piecing it together you see how expensive it can really get.

Almost forgot. Just do a quick compression test, and leak down test before you go and spend all this money.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
You'll want a walbro 225lph fuel pump. Also a FPR is not needed. I have most of my parts listed on the 1st page of my build. That can give u a general idea of what u need.Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well thank you guys this gives a bit more of an idea alot more.. yea ifastlude i been looking at your thread... also what is wideband sry guys just never heard of it

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i did the leakdown it came out clean.no leaks.. really i didnt know it was suppose to be in the 200, the guy that did it told me it wasent bad

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
You go girl:flipa:

I rather have DBB over a journal.

But still a great turbo.

Just an fyi, spend money on the kit and gettin it tuned isnt the last of it.

Stuff breaks, oil leaks, gas goes, etc. Boosting your car is going to cost you more than 3-4 grand. Shit i spend $7500 on min e. Now i need a new clutch so thats gunna run me $350. I bought a skunk2 IM that ran me $260, and now i gotta get my Blox 70mm TB which runs me $205.

My point is if your on a budget right now i would highly recommend savings more money that way you can have room to work with.

Just the tune and ecu/tuning system is gunna run you about $1000.

As far as kits go greddy, turbonetics, rev hard(recommend) are all pretty decent kits.
I recomend u make shure ur engine is good enough for the boost. Fix it. Or get a new one. dont end up like me, smoking and not knowing why!!!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
when the compression of all 4 cylinders is about equal, it usually means the engine is healthy, which is why the guy told you he thought it seemed great; because they are very close to each other throughout the 4 cyls.
but, the actual numbers are indeed fairly low. evenly low, but still low. as mentioned above, it should be around 200psi. maybe the guy's guage was inaccurate? or maybe you have an unhealthy motor that is evenly unhealthy throughout all 4 cyls lol.

and a wideband is an o2 sensor that is drastically more accurate and has a much wider range of readings than the stock o2 sensor. it is used for tuning purposes, and can be used as a monitoring tool if you know how to read it.
the stock o2 sensor is called a narrowband o2, because it has a narrow range of what it can read

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
so i got my compression test today its as fallows
1.150-152
2.150-153
3.149-152
4.148-151
When the motor is cold and warm there will be a difference, but that is lower then 9:1 compression hehe. Maybe you have low compression pistons in there lol, :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts