Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the VAFC control installed the other day. I am planning on taking it to get it dynoed tuned. When it is tuned, do I want it to run rich or even it out?? Where will the most power come out, when it is rich? Also, I want to get rid of the carbon shooting out from the back, so then I do not want it too rich? Also, I would like to save a little more gas as well, what would be the best thing to do?

Alan

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
tuning a vafc is about as easy as it comes. I could teach my girlfriend to do it if i had to. If you were in my area, i would dyno tune it for 100 dollars.

you want to be in the 13:1 area at full throttle and 14.7:1 at part throttle. Part throttle is going to be rather hard to make perfect due to the small range of adjustments that you can make.

Getting the a/f to what you want is about all you can do. If there is a dip in power at vtec crossover, you need to raise the vtec crossover rpm.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
bluedlude said:
everyone and their mother is gonna tell you to ditch the vafc and go obd1. and the more i look into it, and almost the same price and you can do a sick tune.
it definitely has its perks. But there are some people who have no intentions to go beyond the basic i/h/e setups. A vafc will do just fine for that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wats the best v tec setting for H to L an L to H?
also wats the best shift point where all the power is at?
idk if it makes much difference, but I have intake, Exhaust and AEM power steering and Altenator Pulleys, no aftermarket headers

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
spdracer2099 said:
wats the best v tec setting for H to L an L to H?
also wats the best shift point where all the power is at?
idk if it makes much difference, but I have intake, Exhaust and AEM power steering and Altenator Pulleys, no aftermarket headers
you need a dyno to figure out optimal vtec crossover and where your power is. DO NOT just start messing with your fuel without anything to monitor it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.