Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what kind of power are you guys making? list mods and all that stuff.
just curious about where i sit.
just looking for mildly done cars. sorry boost and bottle guys dont need that info just yet.
just your basic street cars that have proven numbers

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
what motor do you wanna know about... seems like you are wondering about the h23 since your thingy says "vtecfreeprelude"... but this is really vague

h22a- basic bolts ons (i/h/e/tune) most ive seen and heard around 180
h22a-basic good bolts ons (i/hytech or same header, bigger exhaust/tune) pushing around and just above 200hp
h22a-basic bolts ons (i/h/e/cams/tune) around and just above 200 hp
h22a- basic bolt ons (i/good header/good exhaust/cams/tune).. prob 210-220 depending on cams, cam gears, fuel and all that good stuff

most h23s with good stuff and tune prob around the same... maybe a lil less... havent really seen to many numbers on the 23 since the 22 is the more popular one... but im sure and h23 junkie like h23bb2 will get on here and help

but really that question is hard to ans as you put it but i tried lol

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
ebay short ram intake
megan racing 2.5 cat-back exaust
obx high flow cat
ngk plugs
i put down 175 at the wheels without a tune
with a decent-good header, i want to hit 180
my next plan is then to get 880cc injectors bigger feul lines,aem feul rail, walbro 255hp feul pump & a tune on chrome i want to break 200.i even tually plan to get the euro r motor swap it in do the same modifications & then supercharge it.go to your local dyno it shoudnt be to much to dyno your car to see how much power your laying down

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ebay short ram intake
megan racing 2.5 cat-back exaust
obx high flow cat
ngk plugs
i put down 175 at the wheels without a tune
with a decent-good header, i want to hit 180
my next plan is then to get 880cc injectors bigger feul lines,aem feul rail, walbro 255hp feul pump & a tune on chrome i want to break 200.i even tually plan to get the euro r motor swap it in do the same modifications & then supercharge it.go to your local dyno it shoudnt be to much to dyno your car to see how much power your laying down
Did the Megan Exhaust bolt on without any problems?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why 880Cc injectors?
Posted via Mobile
x3

those are larger than the injectors i plan on using with my turbo set-up.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya sorry guys my name is not accurate. a lot has changed since joining
i have a jdm h22 with i/h/e and ported IM and tune and its only putting 172 at the wheels. just seems low to me

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Did the Megan Exhaust bolt on without any problems?
yes it did.sounds like sex, no ricey high pitched crap, nice & deep agressive tone
Why 880Cc injectors?
Posted via Mobile
efficiency my friend, go big or go home, just dont brake 1000cc for basic stuff id only break that with 15psi or more on boost.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Just to add this into the mix of the h22, I have a sir spec-s h22 (same hp as the type-s fyi) and with i,h,e clutch and 8 lb flywheel I put 201whp with 158 tq down untuned.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ya sorry guys my name is not accurate. a lot has changed since joining
i have a jdm h22 with i/h/e and ported IM and tune and its only putting 172 at the wheels. just seems low to me
that is kinda low... my girl has the h22a4 and only has the i/h/e untuned and put down 173hp and 134tq... only tell you hers cause i havent had mine dynoed

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I want to race one of you before I leave! I have to get my car back first though ;(
where do you live? once i get the break in period on my new clutch done ill race, cause its good fun haha.

·
Registered
94 Posts
that is kinda low... my girl has the h22a4 and only has the i/h/e untuned and put down 173hp and 134tq... only tell you hers cause i havent had mine dynoed
where do you live? once i get the break in period on my new clutch done ill race, cause its good fun haha.

I live in New Market...just outside of Huntsville. My car's currently at StaticX getting the Hondata installed and it's getting tuned Monday.

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
yes it did.sounds like sex, no ricey high pitched crap, nice & deep agressive tone

efficiency my friend, go big or go home, just dont brake 1000cc for basic stuff id only break that with 15psi or more on boost.
ok but you arent boosted yet.....

fuel modifications (bigger) wont give you more power when you dont need them.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I live in New Market...just outside of Huntsville. My car's currently at StaticX getting the Hondata installed and it's getting tuned Monday.
what all do you have done to it... ill be getting all my shit done in march and tuned by trackmasters using hondata s100 at that point

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
is that in virginia?
ok but you arent boosted yet.....

fuel modifications (bigger) wont give you more power when you dont need them.
better efficiency will let it give it its all

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
is that in virginia?

better efficiency will let it give it its all
what is efficient about bigger injectors on an engine that doesnt need them?

what is efficient about bigger fuel lines on an engine that doesnt need them?

what is efficient about a bigger fuel rail on an engine running injectors which wont require more volume than stock?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
what is efficient about bigger injectors on an engine that doesnt need them?

what is efficient about bigger fuel lines on an engine that doesnt need them?

what is efficient about a bigger fuel rail on an engine running injectors which wont require more volume than stock?
from what my tuner is telling me & from what i saw he did to his car it works.after all the fuel system upgrades & a good tune it made great power.i mean if its not what you would do thats cool.im still gonna do it & if it doesnt work oh well.we shall see.no need to freak out about it man,if you want people to listen to you, try teaching not barking at people like they are inferior to you.

No, it's in Alabama
dang, lol come to va for a va meet & we can race haha.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts