Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to start my car, it is throwing a check engine light. i am trying to jump the codes, but when i use the blue jumper, and turn the car to the on position, the light dosnt blink

·
Registered
320 Posts
Are you sure you are putting a U shaped wire in both holes on the little blue connector thing? You need to complete the circuit, if we are talking about same thing... if not im sorry :p

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i checked it , its good replaced it any way, still solid CEL

i just replaced the oil pump, everything was put in TDC tho.

i dont think the h22 ecu would matter with the f20b.

i just swapped oil pumps, if one of the crank balancer got a teeth off or something would it cause it not to crank also?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
does the car run ? did you just install the motor ? if it doesn't run and you just put the motor in check the ground on the thermostat housing ...are you using the orginal P5M ecu ? usally the solid CEL with no codes is either no power to ECU or limp mode.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yes i just put a new motor in. tmo ground is good.

the car hasnt cranked. i had to put my h22 oil pump in because the f20 didnt have the TDC sensor.

im gonna get a OBD2-1 harness and a p13 tomorrow and see what that does, and also replace the main relay.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
if the engine doesn't crank does the green key light keep blinking or not come on or comes on and goes out like it should ? also without the connector jumped does the CEL come on and go out like it should ? as if the CEL is solid only when it's jumped it means theres no codes stored.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stereo said:
if the engine doesn't crank does the green key light keep blinking or not come on or comes on and goes out like it should ? also without the connector jumped does the CEL come on and go out like it should ? as if the CEL is solid only when it's jumped it means theres no codes stored.
im not positive on the green light., my battery is dead now so it will be tomorrow until i can get it charged.

it is solid when its jumped, and also when its not. when i would try to crank it it would just stay on the whole time, same as leaving it in the 'on' position.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
if the CEL is on when it's not jumped or not then theres most likely theres no power or ground getting to the ECU also you won't hear the main relay click . if you have a service manual and a multimeter and check the power and ground as I'm willing to bet it's missing one of them. I cannot remember exactly but it should be 2 wires next to each other both yellow with black stripe and ground black ( 2) of them .

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stereo said:
if the CEL is on when it's not jumped or not then theres most likely theres no power or ground getting to the ECU also you won't hear the main relay click . if you have a service manual and a multimeter and check the power and ground as I'm willing to bet it's missing one of them. I cannot remember exactly but it should be 2 wires next to each other both yellow with black stripe and ground black ( 2) of them .
where at. does it mount on the side of the block? if so that one is there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts