Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been wanting to do this for awhile and finally did it after my research on HT showed that it gained more oil pressure than the prelude filter. Not only does it give more oil pressure, supposedly (havent found any tests) it filters the oil better since its basically an oversized prelude filter, being that its shorter but fatter giving it more surface area.

I gave it a little test drive after my oil change and the engine seems a TAD bit more peppy. But nothing to hoot and holler about, lol.

side note:
filter was from a 2001, the newer model filters are longer but skinnier.

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danny_d19 said:
Is that on an h22, would it work the same on a 4th gen h22?
of course H22 silly. Yes it will work on a 4th gen h22. Plus my H is out of a 4th gen so there you go. :)

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
2.2L said:
of course H22 silly. Yes it will work on a 4th gen h22. Plus my H is out of a 4th gen so there you go. :)
lol after I posted I remembered you definitely have an h22...

thanks for the info

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Experiment? I've been using them for two years in both my cars!!

I didn't notice any power difference, but I buy them because they filter more.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Honda filters are best. The S2000 is just a little more filtering for about 2 bucks more.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
Well to answer the question of price difference yes there is.

97-01 Prelude filter 15400-PLM-A02 List price $6.49
00-06 S2000 filter 15400-PCX-004 List price $8.52

Also all the S2000 filters for the 00-06 years is the same. From research I have done on this I have found the S2000 filter will with stand a higher oil pressure due to the fact of a stonger casing. As I am sitting here measuring the 2 with a crappy tape, I find the ruff demensions to be, S2000 just over 3 and 1/4 inches tall and overall diameter of about 3 and 1/4 inches.
Prelude just over 3 and 1/2 tall and just under 2 and 3/4 inches.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The original Prelude filters were just like the S2000's before Honda switched to the universal one. I put an S2000 filter on about 5 months ago, didn't notice anything different, maybe added a little extra oil to make up for the difference. S2000 filter get points cause it's made in Japan :)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
^Well, because it's JDM you definitely gained at least 55 hp at the wheels.

·
I miss her...
521 Posts
edge2lyfe said:
The original Prelude filters were just like the S2000's before Honda switched to the universal one. I put an S2000 filter on about 5 months ago, didn't notice anything different, maybe added a little extra oil to make up for the difference. S2000 filter get points cause it's made in Japan :)
why did you have to add more oil?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts