Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i was wondering that too but it should be fine... they use a turbonectics turbo and wastegate and thats a good name right there... and hell ppl on here tell you to get a ebay piping kit (or made) and intercooler so im sure its good to go... just need some injectors... maybe of the dsm variety

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
They use good products at a great price.

If i was boosting i would be jumping on the treadstone kit in a heartbeat. You get everything besides your injectors and a tune, and at a great price. Turbonetics turbos are pretty good, and i hear their manifolds and intercoolers arent too bad either

·
Registered
786 Posts
this will be the kit ill be getting here soon. the manifold has a lifetime warranty, turbo has a 1 year (no matter what happens to it to i believe)

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An update from my exp. by buying from treadstone.

Orderd a turbokit from them some weeks ago, got it about a week later to sweden. fast shipping :emthup:

Some days after the order, i got a message that I needed to pay another $590 due to taxes, customs etc. I asked before if there was any additional costs,
the reply was: NO.
So I cant say that this was the best deal i've done. far from it...
(Btw, I live in sweden...)

Whats even more annoying is that it says "ALL HARDWARE INCLUDED"
When i unpacked everything i noticed:

1. no gasket to the turbo manifold

2. The turbo -> DP flange is 2.5". the pipes i've got. well 2.25"... so now there's a big gap to weld. I wont even try, ill go buy at least 2.5" later...

3. No flange from downpipe to cat

4. no gasket from turbo to downpipe.

5. Oil feed, and bleed houses is to short

Later I email them and asked why this wasn't included. got my answear:

the pipe is actually 2.25" and it can be welded to the 2.5" hole flange
also, we do not include another flange to attached to the cat, and we do not include the exhaust manifold gasket, you can reuse your old one

~jason

Everything is shown in the product pic, so it should be included eh????

So, ALL HARDWARE INCLUDED? BULLSHIT...

Besides from this, all parts I recieved is great. only one thing that im worried about, and thats the IC piping (passenger side). doesnt seems to be 100%. more mod's to do.

I just wanted to tell u guys. this is not a complete kit. So if ur about buying this, u know what u get, and dont get.

·
I <3 Retro's!!!
263 Posts
thanks for being the test subject! but all in all, are you happy with the kit? I know your missin a few things but those shouldnt be to hard to find! Good Luck

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for being the test subject! but all in all, are you happy with the kit? I know your missin a few things but those shouldnt be to hard to find! Good Luck
Yeah, those parts arent hard to get/make. but im just pissed that he said it would be complete.

The parts i got is really high quality, so overall im very happy with it. havent mounted it all yet, there's some more things i need to get, like ecu, injectors, harness etc. but ill post an update when it's done :smile:

·
I <3 Retro's!!!
263 Posts
Yeah, those parts arent hard to get/make. but im just pissed that he said it would be complete.

The parts i got is really high quality, so overall im very happy with it. havent mounted it all yet, there's some more things i need to get, like ecu, injectors, harness etc. but ill post an update when it's done :smile:
Yea, thats understandable. I am lookin at the kit also (probably this time next year after the block is built) I think it would be better if they gave us some type of other manifold option instead of just a log mani. I'm thinkin about the the peak boost manifold or custom not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, thats understandable. I am lookin at the kit also (probably this time next year after the block is built) I think it would be better if they gave us some type of other manifold option instead of just a log mani. I'm thinkin about the the peak boost manifold or custom not sure yet.
Ah okok. well another manifold wouldnt hurt. this one is so damn tight with the DP and WG pipe. well at least i can keep my A/C, that's what matters ;-)

Also he replyed that i dont need a gasket from turbo to DP flange, just use high temp silicon? does that really work?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts