Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got 3 tranys ive got the d2j3 in my 89 and i just pulled a d2a4 out of a 90 but i thout the 90s only came with the d2j4 i also have a trany that i bought off ebay that was listed for the 88-89 lude and as it turns out its a d2j4 im working on sending it back but witch one came in the 90 91 the d2j4 or the d2a4 or did both im trying to find one to put into my 89 with out halfing to replace all my parts i allready have

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
i belive u can make it fit if u use the old bel housing but i am not 100% try searchin. i belive that the ones out of a 90-91 are d2a4....

88si D2J5 usdm
89si D2J3 usdm
90-91 usdm/jdm all models had the D2A4

·
Registered
171 Posts
my 90 SR (si in the US) came with a D2A4 tranny, revs way high in 5th, seems to be pretty much the same in all the others, i have swapped to a D2J5, and its fine, searches will show you lots abou this, such as which clutch/flywheel combo to use to mate up with your specific engine..

a side note of a personal nature, i have been having a biotch of a time with the axle seals, i reccommend you replace all of them when you have the axles out... just my 2c though

-mike

·
no mo mod
13,011 Posts
omg...there are sooooo many freaking threads about this.

:dontgetit:

search!

you can use any transmission on any B21Ax or B20Ax engine AS LONG AS YOU USE THE CORRECT FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH TO GO WITH THE TRANSMISSION
ALL THE PARTS INTERCHANGE!

if you use a transmission from a 90/91 (D2A4 here in the states) use the flywheel and clutch for a 90/91 Si

if you use a transmission from an 88/89 (D2J5? I forget) use the flywheel and clutch for an 88/89 Si

simple as that

EDIT:
I misunderstood what information you were trying to get at...but you still need to search. the info is there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.