Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's an M2A4 transmission listed in MA on craigslist. Other than the gear ratio chart of Kronn's, does anyone know much about these transmissions? Pricing is $720, 42,000 miles.

Value? It's gearing is very similar to the 4th gen VTEC trans, M2F4, the only difference is 4th is a little shorter(a little more top speed in 4th).

http://www.fatboyraceworks.com/gear...eter_2=16&Calculate=Calculate/Graph&Compare=1

^If anyone is interested, I calculated a graph of the trans ratios and speeds on stock tires :D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have the M2A4 in from my swap. What can I say... It works. $700 is alot, unless they can give you perfectly accurate proof that there really is only 42k on it. I got mine for $300 here... Off a guy who wrecked his lude and bought it from HMO. Had the stamps on it and all... Suppose its worth it if if thats what they go for in your area.

You probably wont notice gains unless your coming from a F series trans. (Are you?)

Also, why is the sticker so dirty but the case so clean?

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm coming from a H23 trans, so the gearing difference will be noticeable. Agreed, the sticker is aged a bit, but the case is immaculate.

It's absurd lol.

·
Registered
380 Posts
$720 is a little high don't you think? i can probably find a lsd m2b4 for that.
and for it being clean there nothing purple power,pressure washer and $3 spray paint won't do. =D

Good luck thou

·
Registered
298 Posts
haha, guys I'm the seller of this tranny. Well, here's the deal .. yes, the tranny is resprayed, sticker was removed and then placed back when the paint cured. I am very hesitant to sell it due to my current F-series tranny being on its way out. So, at the end of the day I'm gonna have to reinstall this m2a4 tranny. But .. if I can sell it for minimum 600, I'de let it go and look for an h23. Now, xxfallacyxx you mention that you wanted to switch your current h23 tranny for this one? .. if so, then we can work out a deal, as I'm in the hunt for a h23 tranny myself ..

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately, you don't want my H23 transmission. It needs a rebuild, the first 150,000 miles of it's life the owners were rough on it. 3rd gear is done.

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea for the most part I was already decided on a local F transmission for my car, but when I saw your ad on craigslist I had to ask about it because I had never seen one of those before :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I paid 500 from HMO but it was 200 for shipping so i got mine for 700, maybe i payed too much lol. you would notice about a 300-400 rpm drop at highway speeds from the USDM m2f4. but you would be a good bit shorter than h23 gears. just my 2 cents

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
H23 gears are the complete same in 4th and 5th as the 5th gen transmission. Only 1, 2, and 3 are different. The M2A4 is much closer to the USDM 4th gen VTEC transmission

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,279 Posts
I'm coming from a H23 trans, so the gearing difference will be noticeable. Agreed, the sticker is aged a bit, but the case is immaculate.

It's absurd lol.
Just as a future reference to those looking to buy stuff that looks THIS clean:

Always look at the bolts. If something is in fact like brand new, the bolts and the color of the case will not match. :emthup:

The more you know...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts