Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im a newbie lude owner done civics i need to know other than lude trannys what other 5 speeds will fit my 89 has auto now wanna switch

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
i believe any of the other b20 trannys besides the crv will fit but i could be wrong. I know that some have 2 solenoids and some have 4. the one with 4 will work on the one with 2 not sure it it works the other way around. I'm sure you can make other honda trannys work but not without modifications

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
four will work with two and two will work with four.

my old transmission had four solenoids and the one i put in was from an 89 so it only had two and it worked.
just make sure you match up the colors on the plugs, cuz theres the same amount of wires coming out and theyre the same colors.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Mmmmmmm... curious.
Solenoids in a manual transmission?
Whatever will they think of next :lol:

Depends on year but only the manual tranny from the same year 3G Lude will be a straight fit.

IBTL.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
he has an auto 3gp now, and he wants to swap to manual.

the only trannies that fit cleanly (without a ton of work) are the 5-speeds from the 88-91 preludes.

nothing else bolts to the block correctly.

·
Me+you+your friend=fun
1,547 Posts
he has an auto 3gp now, and he wants to swap to manual.

the only trannies that fit cleanly (without a ton of work) are the 5-speeds from the 88-91 preludes.

nothing else bolts to the block correctly.
Not true. The 1986-1989 honda accord D2K5 tranny is a direct bolt-on to 88-89 preludes.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i did not know that...

looks like i might have a new swap option for my civic roadster then (it currently has a 89 accord LXi drivetrain in it)

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
It's still only Accords with the B20a in though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts