Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my h22 prelude is having trouble down shifting. It shifts fine going 1-5 going up, but it you are in third and want to down shift to 2nd it will not go into gear. What is the problem. I thought maybe the syncro's but im not sure. I bought the car late last year and have yet to put 200 miles on it im trying to build it for a turbo but i want to get the little things fixed before i build the motor and tranny. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i had the same problem i would shift to third and get stuck in it. i couldnt get out of third or go into reverse. i took it to a honda dealer but before they could do anything they said it fixed itself so i never found out what was wrong with it and have had no problems since. it was really really weird. i think it could be metal in the transmission fluid maybe flush it out that is what one of my friends told me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
350Z_Orange_Lude said:
Well my h22 prelude is having trouble down shifting. It shifts fine going 1-5 going up, but it you are in third and want to down shift to 2nd it will not go into gear. What is the problem. I thought maybe the syncro's but im not sure. I bought the car late last year and have yet to put 200 miles on it im trying to build it for a turbo but i want to get the little things fixed before i build the motor and tranny. Any help would be appreciated.
well it depends on how fast you're going and what your RPM's are looking like. are you reving up when you down shift between the gears?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah im not reving there is definitely a problem, although i do wish it would fix itself. but it is at usual rpms, hell i could be sitting still taking it through the gears and it will do it. the guy that had it before me replaced the shift linkage, but that didnt fix the problem. it is a hassle getting on the interstate and stuff i just want to try to fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts