Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is my farewell, last week i traded in my car for an S2000. I had it for 10 years and a ton of memories, i actually had some tears over it but it was time to move on. Thanks to this forum i was able to get a ton of info on how to maintain and upgrade my Prelude. I even met some of you along the way. Long live the Prelude community, its been real!

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
Traded?!?!? Damn... i'm looking for another unmolested 5th...

Congrats, but do stop in time to time!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gorgeous car. I always liked how you kept your lude so clean and tasteful. Sad to see it go. You'll love the S2k though. They're great cars, lots of fun.

Keep in touch!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Ahhh the natural progression for short prelude owners... the s2000.

Nice car, decent trade I guess, if your into s2k's, personally I don't fit in one very well at all, so the NSX route will have to do.

Great looking car, love the red seats. Is this an 05-06 or the 04?
How many kms on the s2k?

Out of curiosity, how much did they give you for your lude?

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Yeah man, good times. I remember thinking that you had one of the few red preludes I'd drive(I personally can't stand red cars).

Have fun with that thing, and get a hard top for it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh man I saw your Lude about a year ago on Facebook. That thing is soooo clean. Congrats on the upgrade. I too will inevitably be moving up to an S2000... someday.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys, my Prelude didnt look like that anymore and had some engine issues. It developed a loud ticking noise, sounded like a valve slamming against the head. Even after a valve adjustment it was still there. Then when i did a leak down test i found almost 20% leakage past the rings in cylinders 2 and 4. Paint was fading, oil leaking from the oil cooler, axle boots were completely torn, suspension was clunky and i rear ended someone about 4 years ago which put a black eye on the front end of my car that i never fixed. Stuff was really adding up and without a garage to keep it in, i just couldnt justify holding on to it with that much work needed to be done.

When i started working for BMW it showed how underpowered my car really is, so it got to the point where the fun factor was all but gone. Still had a lot of pride in it though, but it was time to move on. I traded it in for $1000 which is more than i thought i would get considering the check engine light, loud ticking noise and 206k miles.

I got an 05 AP2 with 108k miles on it, absolutely nothing is wrong with it except some cosmetic things that im taking care of for very little cost. I live within walking distance to work so i will be able to keep the miles down, heck last year i only drove 4,000 miles. Just waiting for some warm weather so i can finally enjoy some top down action.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
Shame you didn't do an aftermarket partout - probably more trouble than worth, but surely the parts you had were worth more than what you received for the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts